Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ltns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinkan

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: ltns Reply with quote

Hi all that remember me! I havent been on EQ for quite a while now but am thinking of coming back. I am also thinking of going back to active duty army which would give me better play times overall. Im hitting up the bases of the people I knew and from the looks of things you all are doing awesome and stomping some ass. I also noticed that there are alot of the old people that was around when I was in the guild with you all. Going to check a few things out on other boards, will drop in again soon!
Kinkan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mandaar, I still trying to figure out why i keep crashing a few min after i log in. if what I have just done doesnt work ill have to resort to a full re-install of EQ. will try to get it stable tonight.
Mudcrushy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete your custom UI folders.
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: hi there Reply with quote

Welcome back froggy.

Hope to see more of you online.
Kinkan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive deleted all UI folders, a few files listed on EQ's tech page, updated video, sound, and motherboard drivers and it still crashes 2-5 min after i log in. Ive been thinking about the active duty thing for about a month now and each time i think about it it sounds better and better. If im able to go back ill be getting a new comp but untill then ill try to figure this thing out. hopefully i can get it working again today or something.
Nefra

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/wave Kinky
Kinkan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still keep crashing after I have done everything that SOE's website says to do for constant crashing. I am now in the process of installing the game again after I went through and removed EQ and everything else that I rarely touch. Hopefully this will fix my problem that I have no idead how it started. Nothing has changed since I last played so I dont know why it keeps crashing on me. Hopefully Ill be able to log in tonight and stay in for more than 10 min at a time. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem please feel free to inform me, I am willing to try just about anything if it can be explained.
Kinkan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading last bit of expansions that I have. Have hard copies up to PoR, after that I have to D/L. 2 hours to D/L though, this sucks. Ive updated every driver for MB, sound card, AND video card. If I still crash after this i dont know what to do. Hopefully this work out.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

There's a couple possible things that can cause it.

Check SOE's tech help forums if this doesnt fix it.

There's a few little things that can be fooked with simple fixes.
Kinkan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I was there last night doing that stuff in a fix guide. they said to delete a few files and restart game, which included all UI and char INI files. Did that and no help, updated drivers for video and sound last night, no help, updated MB drivers today while I removed EQ and now on last bit of D/L. Hopefully this will fix it. If not Im not sure what else to do besides getting a new comp.

On another note, how is the new xpack? How is TSS? i didnt get to play in TSS much, i left shortly after it came out but I did play it some. I did like the armor drops for tier 1. I would LOVE to get those for upgrades. Let me know what all Ive missed in my time away.
Kinkan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still crash after being in game for 15-30 min. I have no idea how to fix or where to begin now. There is no apparent reason for the crashing but it happens and it happens alot. Any suggestions would be great. I am still useing windows XP
vesty

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAD RAM

sounds like could be your problem
Kinkan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think i have it fixed now. hopefully this weekend ill be able to play for more than 30 min. hope to see you all then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: