Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I could not live with myself unless I did this:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teklan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Well Reply with quote

Mandaar wrote:
Doctor becaome a profession here that is lionized as a way to make serious money. How did it become something where you make moderate money, but the doctors are still willing to KILL THEMSELVES to become doctors?

I think that is the key cultural difference.

Human beings are pretty much the same, so I'm curious how canadians are conditioned to altruism.

Or is it insurance runaway that is better stifled there? The legal system which isn't allowed to run amok?

I think our medical care is better at the high end, but Canada CERTAINLY has the best care in North America from top to bottom. Which is fairly attractive.

I used to live in Michigan. And I never really understood the mystique of canadians. There was just some way of looking at life they had, even when a gallon of milk cost an eighth of what they would bring home from work that day. Life just seemed to be about something else that was above it all.

Maybe that's why they don't have a society based on such aggressive compartmentalism (except in the big cities).

They also rarely go to war, get majorly involved in major global affairs, etc. The US govt would point this out as being bad, but if the Canadians are living a better life because of less involvement...who's to say Canada is wrong? Personally I think the US is too aggressive for its own good, and so money that could be spent to health care goes to the war efforts (as an example) or to technology to build bigger, better, more advanced weapons (that IEDs can still destroy).

Going off on a tangent....I read on MSN.com about how the military is "effectively diminishing losses by IEDs". They consider their techniques successful by this: IEDs doubled since (last year?) but casualties didn't double (but did increase). This assumption is soooo flawed but people that read the story and don't think about it would be like "oh ya, we're doing good". This assumption would only be correct if there were endless roads and endless "hotspots" where US troops/vehicles travel across. When IEDs double, they should (this is obv. guesswork with mathematics) integrally decrease in effectiveness (curved line on a graph). It just irks my anger when the news misleads America with information that isn't correct.
carp75

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact about why ANY healthcare system in America will cost an arm and a leg:

The FDA and big pharmaceutical companies work with the government and have us by the BALLS.

It will get worse no matter what changes are made if these entities have the power.

~Carp
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

I believe in capitalism, but this is the downside of it. Companies pillaging far beyond the norm. However, for every successful drug, counless billions in research are for nothing.

You cannot have the fast advance in helpful drugs without the huge payoffs. Other places reap the benefits of the bloated drug culture in our country. Mock us if you will, but without it, you would experience a SERIOUS drop in available health technology.
Nefra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like ron pauls ideas, i work in the medical field and i can say if we get national health care we will all suffer.. ask any vetran that is currently stuck in their system. Anytime the government becomes involed it gets more complicated. Our governement cannot even manage a supplemental retirement plan and we expect them to take care of us? /shiver.
Kruzar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in the healthcare system as well, and I can speak to first hand the horrible job that the government does when they get into the healthcare business. I do become worried when people begin to talk about socialized medicine, because it will put a lot of people out of work that you would not realize. (More than likely, it would put me out of work as well)

I do believe that there should be healthcare for all, and access to it. I do not believe that this should be done under government control. If they want to get involved, they should really listen to the industry and then go from there. The track record of the government not listening to the industry is well documented, and several of the current programs show this fact.

Anyways..
Hzath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe in capitalism, but this is the downside of it. Companies pillaging far beyond the norm. However, for every successful drug, counless billions in research are for nothing.

You cannot have the fast advance in helpful drugs without the huge payoffs. Other places reap the benefits of the bloated drug culture in our country. Mock us if you will, but without it, you would experience a SERIOUS drop in available health technology.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I love you Mandaar. Capitalism for me please.
xereau

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huckabee is a total flake. Lol. Watch this crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj_okz7ZwI

xereau

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Capitalism for me please.

Just remember that unless the powers of corporations are not limited by laws designed to protect THE PEOPLE you will end up with what you, and all of the western 'free' world has: Corporate Fascism.

Here is a quote from a man that knew exactly what I am talking about:

Quote:
Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

Look at Blackwater for example. Mercenary sociopaths for hire. KILLERS FOR HIRE. UNACCOUNTABLE TO THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT!!! Unaccountable to the people who pay their wages, the people whose international good name is being dragged through the mud. Let me get one thing straight here. America and Americans themselves are wonderful, and your republic (what remains of it) was (could again become) the best the world has ever seen.

All the chips are in place for a complete fascist suspension of democracy in America. The state of the education system is so entirely broken that most people cannot look past Britney, Survivor, and the NFL to realize that what people fought and died for is in its final death throws.

I see the 2008 election as the most important, ever, anywhere on earth. Lets hope that what makes America great still resonates within her people.

brenl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nefra wrote:
i really like ron pauls ideas, i work in the medical field and i can say if we get national health care we will all suffer.. ask any vetran that is currently stuck in their system. Anytime the government becomes involed it gets more complicated. Our governement cannot even manage a supplemental retirement plan and we expect them to take care of us? /shiver.

If i'm understanding everything correctly, as I only follow this very minimally. National Health Care will provide health care benefits for every citizen regardless of income, job status, or lack thereof, therefor providing medical benefits for the millions on citizens that cannot aford health care for themselves. Then NHC seems the way to go, but let me also say that, if at all there are taxes or surcharges or whatever they shall be called, greater than what i am paying right now for the coverage of myself and my family, i want nothing to do with it. Right now, being middle class, and essentially a one income household, i just can't afford anymore.

Some people are just good at masking ignorance as brilliance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: