Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhammer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neferakhen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Warhammer Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you play multiple mmorpgs or if any of you is going to try WAR.

I have a very good friend who is in the dev team of it and he just sent me this and I have been left drooling...

http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/flash/WAR_cinematic_08.html
Moreaux

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks very attractive. I will probably try it out with some co-workers, just as I visited WOW and Vanguard. I think the variety helps to prevent burnout too. Meeting level 60 newbies in WOW made me grateful to return to EverQuest. I hope the elven clerics have a cool feature set, including some offensive capabilities.
Neferakhen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya.. i'm thinking about trying it out... i currently play vanguard on my eq off days specially when they are patching or i'm pissed at it lol

warhammer looks promising though... maybe ><
Beetyt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a buddy who's been beta testing WO. He says it looks like it could succeed if they fix some issues they've got and don't fall into the same trap lots of other MMOs have fallen into. IMO WoW has created a large following in the MMO world because it's accessible to everyone, they make it fun by not taking the game seriously (I had a guild called "Your Mom Is A Horde" ... that crap would never get thru in EQ), and they have managed to make playing MMOs trendy to an extent. WO won't get near the same player count as WoW (I doubt any will), but it will do as most MMOs do and draw a few people in temporarily, then bore them to tears and push them back to their old MMO. It's been that way forever and until another game comes along to break the mold like WoW did (again, for the reasons I listed above) then there won't be any game to gain success or have a large satisfied customer base.

That being said, WO looks like it could be good, but I have tried dozens of MMOs and keep coming back to EQ because, even though Sony often has its head up its own ass, EQ has the appeal and content I'm looking for in a game.

I probably will not be testing out WO for the simple fact that I'm broke, so someone let me know how ya like it Wink
Angel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy mines preordered

i wanna play it lots.

THERE IS A CLASS WHERE YOU RIDE ON DISCS!!!

nuff said
barrow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big issue with wow is the age of the players, you can get banned for calling someone a moron. At the high end pvp which is the only reason to play there is massive massive cheating. I have friends in AOC that play wow, they 5 box toons get full pvp gear and sell them, the scripts they run are amazing, as soon as a target comes in range there macros start. The blizzard customer service seems to cater to alliance hunters, which is the number one class in wow. Real hard core serious gamers seem to avoid wow like the plague. Say what you want, but I played every mmo under the sun, for raid and group content, nothin beats eq1, for pvp play wow ( just avoid the arena, thats where the cheaters thrive), there is no game out yet that has a perfect balance.
Neferakhen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree

I never played WoW, but my roommates from last year were addicted and would complain about that. i didn't see the appeal.

Vanguard is just weird... I play there from time to time, but it sucks for grouping. I only play for a long session there if other friends are on.
cerrelia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clear up some things. Firstly in the WoW community alot of players have had access to beta testing on warhammer and alot of them say its about as good as the second expansion of WoW so far.

Second WotLK is better than the second expansion of WoW.

And third hi there old Appotus Dominus folks /hugs to all!
Jazzmasta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow cerrelia is still alive! hah. good to see you around man. come play we could use an enchanter. =p
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pipe dream is just that, a pipe dream. Until someone changes all the rules, EQ is as good as it is going to be.

I dabble in other games here and there but I am careful to keep my focus where it will matter long-term.

And I mean that as a player not a guild leader. Sure they look pretty. But, they have a few extray gimmicks and are nothing more than DAoC if it were made in a parody of WoW. I've seen it at work. It's wow with some minor changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: