Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For all you Cowboy Fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stryffe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: For all you Cowboy Fans. Reply with quote

Beetyt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem ...

dnief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: NYG Reply with quote

Gooooooooooooooooooo GIANTS!!!!! SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!1!1!!1!!!
Mildane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. Beat the Colts then we'll talk.
Beetyt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally different conferences ... would only see each other in the SB and I think Indianapolis just isn't the same caliber team they were before, plus there are other teams (like the Patriots) that are much better than they used to be, that make the Colts chances of getting to the SB kinda low imo. Playoffs? Sure. SB? Nah.
Redrayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see the Cowboys winning it. Yeah they got alot of talent, but less we all forget, the position that makes a world of diff, has been the one thats been choking hard in the clutch. Romo be thy name, choke be thy game.

I know a few of ya gonna laugh at this, but watch out for the 49ers, they gonna surprise a few people this year (not gonna come close to the SB, but gonna make the playoffs), just watch and see.
Jazzmasta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Browns!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the SB is a hard thing to envision for anyone. I really hope my Cowboys get there and win, but realistically I think we're going to be in contention all year.

Though I don't agree with all the blame / praise being put on the QB's shoulders. Romo is a fine quarterback; he does some amazing things, and he also makes mistakes. Just like any other QB. The problem is that it's a team game, but like in politics, the "head" gets all the blame when something goes wrong. Maybe it really was one mis-throw that sealed the game, but really it was the defensive coverage that mis-read the QB that allowed the other team to score the go-ahead points that ended the game. Or maybe the QB fumble was the turning point in the game, but it was the offensive lineman who decided to try to pick it up and run instead of falling on it that caused the other team to get possession. All fingers point to the QB cuz it's easier to blame one person than diffuse the same amount of blame over a whole team.

That's not to say I defend Tony Romo (or any QB for that matter) when he mucks up the hold for the kicker, or when he throws an INT, but rather that it's almost never just the QB's fault.

/rant off

I think the dark horse this year is really going to be the Rams, simply because last year they had some seriously debilitating injuries, but now they have more depth and a much more healthy roster. I figure them to win 9 games and make it into the playoffs as a Wild Card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: