Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ugly weapon? Hope is on the way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Innania

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Ugly weapon? Hope is on the way! Reply with quote

Dev_Ngreth wrote:
I have made a request for the Obliteration Weapons, sold in the marketplace, to have particle effects added to them.

There is a new set coming soon to the Marketplace, for the Army of Light, that I think look excellent. There may be images of them in an eqplayers article tomorrow.

Additionally, since I know players are concerned, I have asked for 120 new weapon/shield graphics JUST for use in the game, not for Marketplace or Legends of Norrath. There will continue to be new ones made just for those two, but we felt that the game itself deserved some new weapon graphics. Additionally, some of those new weapon graphics will have particle effects.

As for "quality" well, there will always be varying opinions on these. Something we think looks great, the players may dislike. Some things we think are just OK, sometimes players love. (And yes we need "ok" for the "basic" weapons, so that "great" can be for the special weapons)

And as an aside, I am asking that new two handers be made larger.

It's an older post, but in case anyone missed it.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=149182
FrogbaitSpiritwalker

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, an incentive for playing again! Razz
Stryffe

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You played before?
FrogbaitSpiritwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fine, an incentive for logging on and chatting and annoying everyone.
Water

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New develpoment while so much is still broken is irresponsible and negligent, thanks SOE, I wouldnt want to think you had changed or anything. Technical debt is a sign of lackadaisical management.

I still put my staff through my head almost every buff I get (since we talking about how weapons look), 200k falls from jumping, broken raids and qusts... the list goes on... and on... and on (OMFG FU SOE MMM elevators)

Innania

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water wrote:
New develpoment while so much is still broken is irresponsible and negligent, thanks SOE, I wouldnt want to think you had changed or anything. Technical debt is a sign of lackadaisical management.

I still put my staff through my head almost every buff I get (since we talking about how weapons look), 200k falls from jumping, broken raids and qusts... the list goes on... and on... and on (OMFG FU SOE MMM elevators)

Putting your staff through your head is because of the out-dated player models. The art team is workin on new ones, but it takes a lot to make something people will like (look at the old human remake they tried with TBS).

200k falls from jumping I havent seen in a long time. I know for a whlie they had issues with it (especially on mounts) do to particle colisions with auras, but that was fixed. There ARE 200k traps in the Warrens that are intended if you go too far up on some walls. If you are dying from them otherwise, I would submit a bug report and e-mail a dev (or Sklug, he's one of the head coders).

I cant think of any raids right now that are broken, and the MMM elevetors are mostly fixed (except they default to the lower floor and that bugs). Really the elevators aren't game breaking so devs putting a focus on that while there may be game-breaking bugs in the game (even if you dont know about them) would be much more negligent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: