Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next expanion name trademarked....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Innania

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Next expanion name trademarked.... Reply with quote

Word Mark EVERQUEST UNDERFOOT
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software and video game software
IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, operating a multiplayer, role playing, real time game for others via the Internet and local area computer networks; providing downloadable multiplayer, role playing, real time computer and video game software via an online website for entertainment purposes

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 77756888
Filing Date June 10, 2009
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Sony Online Entertainment LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE Legal Department 8928 Terman Court San Diego CALIFORNIA 92121
Prior Registrations 2137911;2507594;2520693;AND OTHERS
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
FrogbaitSpiritwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I think it will be about halflings, dwarves and other brell creatures with brell appearing on norrath
Innania

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrogbaitSpiritwalker wrote:
Why do I think it will be about halflings, dwarves and other brell creatures with brell appearing on norrath

With some of the lore books currently in-game, and with some of the different zone lores, I wouldn't be suprised if there are multiple entrances that open up.

Halflings arent all Brell followers, and only have some ties to the god, so I dont know that we'll see many of them.

Kaladim has some lore about strange noises from the deep mines, and that lore even mentions the similarity to the Erudites and The Hole.

There is also some great lore about Gnolls (another Brell creature) origionally being from The Underfoot, but some of them having found their way to the surface and how now many of the race are trying to find their way back.

I started a thread on Lore section the EQLive forums ( http://forums.station.sony.com/eq ) where a few different people have posted some great tidbits from in-game.
Water

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much technical debt they will "shove to the side" and how much old content will be totally obsoleted (yet still online.... wtf). New content is nice, but I'd actually like them to incorporate major game fixes in these expansions and depricate old content... kinda like real software companies do.... Shocked

Innania

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water wrote:
I wonder how much technical debt they will "shove to the side" and how much old content will be totally obsoleted (yet still online.... wtf). New content is nice, but I'd actually like them to incorporate major game fixes in these expansions and depricate old content... kinda like real software companies do.... Shocked

Bah, no one follows that model anymore. Just look at Microsoft!
Water

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innania wrote:
Water wrote:

Bah, no one follows that model anymore. Just look at Microsoft!

I did say a REAL s/w company, not a complicated xbox... SoE and MS both need to hang heads low

Stryffe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and how much old content will be totally obsoleted

If the rumor about no level increase is true, some of that old content might not be so dated.
Silv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I *pray* they do not raise the level cap. It is a pointless timesink that just makes old content soloable.

There is no reason why they can't tune content around the current level, and since we won't get the copy/paste version of current spells maybe we will *gasp* get some new ones.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: