Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UI addons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Attreus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: UI addons Reply with quote

Here's a step by step to insert addons to the new default UI without changing the entire UI.

First DL a UI addon... i got mine from www.eqinterface.com. We DL'd tking_g2spellbar (vertical; 9slot mod) which has the same icons but has text showing the name of the spells. Also DL'd Dreadnots easy read which is the mod for vertical hot button bars, also shows inventory bags and some gear. All can be found under Interface Pieces. For exact location on eqinterface.com click downloads>interface pieces>then select from the categories. Download and save to your desktop to find it easily.

Now to install it.... open EQ folder under Program Files then open a folder called uifiles. You will see inside two folders called default and default_old. Right click anywhere in this folder except on the two default folders and create a new folder... call it anything, i called mine pally, but it can have no spaces in the name. Exit out of that window.

Now right click over the zip file you downloaded on your desktop. Select Extract All. That opens the extraction wizard... click next, bringing you to Select a Destination. Click the Browse button> mycomputer> local disk(C) >Program Files> Everquest> uifiles> pally(or whatever u called the folder u made).. click Ok... then extract to that folder. (it tells you step by step, just follow the instructions)

Ok now start Everquest.... go to the options window and under the general tab, click Load UI Skin at the bottom of the window.... You will see the folder that you made. select that folder and click load skin.

FYI not all the UI addons posted will work due to some scripting errors etc. But the two i suggested work great. I also suggest that before making any modifications u create a save point on your computer. Go to Help and Support on the Start menu and choose Undo changes to your computer with system restore. Click create a restore point and follow the instructions. That way if the UI messes u up u can always go back Smile

I know most of u know how to do this, this is for the people who are computer illiterate and are unhappy with parts of the new UI.

If you guys have any questions regarding this post please feel free to ask myself or Avendora ingame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: