Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retired folks like me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Besto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Retired folks like me Reply with quote

If any retired folks are planning on playing Aion ...especially if you know me from the old days .... please let me know so we can coordinate server selection Smile

I have to tell you, Aion beta is very nice and I think it's a good sequel to EQ2 until the new star wars mmo comes out. I think Aion beta is the first game I've really enjoyed since EQ2 (well, other than EVE for a few weeks..lol).
Unar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Eve Reply with quote

I hated Eve because of they way you "earn xp" - for lack of a better term. You earn xp purely based on time. Not the amount of time you play, but by the number of days since you signed up to play it. You set your skill to be learned and it ticks off time till it is done, whether you are online every minute of it or none at all. Because of that you can NEVER catch up with someone that signed up a minute before you did.

While that is a big problem in my mind, it is made even worse by the entire game being PVP. Immagine going up against someone that is lv 85 and you are lv 10. Worse if you go up a few levels, they will too; so when you are lv 15, now they are lv 90.

This is a huge oversimplification, but I am trying to put it in Everquest terms for everyone to understand.

The game does have some really good graphics and the space theme is something I like. Plus not charging for expansions and the devs constantly striving to make the game better. If I had an issue, I almost always got a very quick response and solution. And it is always nice when the game you play is willing to spend $$$; Eve advertises all over the place.

They really should make more servers though. Only one server and a max number of players around 50k or so. But there is always a ton of people online.
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQ2 stunk, i have heard great things about Aion though, im still waiting for Old Republic though, sod will suffice until then
Unar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Old Republic Reply with quote

Any idea when Old Republic will launch. Everything I hear points to a mid to late 2010 release ?
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Republic Reply with quote

Unar wrote:
Any idea when Old Republic will launch. Everything I hear points to a mid to late 2010 release ?

i think i read somewhere that they are shooting for a Fall 2010 release
Besto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Star Wars "The Old Republic" should be the next big mmo to be released. A year is a good amount of time for a game like Aion to enjoy the spotlight. And, well, since it's fantasy-based, it might retain some of those players that just have no interest in a sci-fi mmo.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Star Wars "The Old Republic". Of course, anything to get out of this fantasy genre (after playing in it since starting EQ around 2001) would be nice.

Also, make sure you watch http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20090819_001?sourceid=ea4785
Qermity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks very nice, cant wait to play.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic SWG is closing on release.

www.swgemu.com.

I don't have time for it, but I logged in once and it's just like it was before the crap hit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: