Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Geeky Laws That Should Exist, But Don’t

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stryffe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: 10 Geeky Laws That Should Exist, But Don’t Reply with quote

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/11/10-geeky-laws-that-should-exist-but-dont/

1. Munroe’s Law: A person in a geeky argument who can quote xkcd to support his position automatically wins the argument. This law supersedes Godwin, so that even if the quote is about Hitler, the quoter still wins.

2. Lucas’s Law: There is no movie so beloved that a “special edition,” prequel or sequel cannot trample and forever stain its memory.

3. Tolkien and Rowling’s Law: No reasonably faithful movie adaptation of a book will ever be quite as good as the book it adapts. Thus great movie adaptations can only be made out of truly amazing books.

4. Somers and McCarthy’s Law: There is no dangerous unscientific theory so preposterous that no celebrity will espouse and advocate it.

5. Jobs’s Law: No matter how well last year’s cool tech gadget still works, it will seem utterly inadequate the moment the new version comes out.

6. Savage and Hyneman’s Law: Blowing stuff up is fun. Blowing stuff up in the name of science is AWESOME.

7. Starbucks’ and Peet’s Law: C8H10N4O2, better known as caffeine, is the most wonderful chemical compound known to humankind. If the field of chemistry had never identified or produced a single other useful compound, caffeine alone would be justification enough for its existence.

8. Wilbur’s Law: Bacon makes everything better.

9. Comic Book Guy’s Law: There is no detail of a movie too brief or inconsequential to become the subject of an hours-long diatribe.

10. The Unified Geek Theory: At present, the President of the United States, the wealthiest person in the United States, and the most trusted newscaster in the United States are all geeks. At the same time, movies based on comic book characters are routinely taking in hundreds of millions of dollars. The only reasonable conclusion is: We’ve won!
Velnarin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 is awful. Crying or Very sad
Wizpopfizz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velnarin wrote:

your statement is false.

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/categories/Awesome-Stuff/Bacon-&-Meat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizpopfizz wrote:
Velnarin wrote:

your statement is false.

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/categories/Awesome-Stuff/Bacon-&-Meat

Slightly less disappointing than other comapanies ... ROFL

Velnarin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link didn't work for me. But anyway, I think you may have missed my point, depending on zee link's content. It's called Wilbur's Law... like Charolette's Web. Hence, awful.

I <3 Bacon.
Stryffe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you think that Vel? pigs like Bacon too!
Xorne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On South Park season 1 or 2 DVD boxset you have some short clip of Matt and Tray doing a cooking show spoof with the mascott, Macon The Bacon! And they fed the pig some bacon and he loves it!

Classic moments in video history aaawww.

Edit: Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sBPm6ubjnU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTCchtRT4A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: