Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: PC Issues. Reply with quote

non stop crashing on logging in.

Clean reinstall done a few months back - best drivers avail - but am just running into hardware incompatibility. Looks like against my preference time to upgrade to a new computer.
Tarvas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...your a miser, no two way about it...Treat yourself to a treat and buy a new rig!
Stryffe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it on log in or toon select? could it be something in your .ini. set ui to defualt maybe, or if you just reinstalled, make sure you have the right directX version.
Serano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its while in game - sometimes right after zone in - other times random time in zone. crashed twice in a row in the raid zone we were in tonight.
Water

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it getting heat spikes?

If it runs at all, then crashes; there is some pivotal event causing the crash. Only 2 things physically crash PCs: heat and low/high voltage spikes. If its not one of those two, its a software issue. Hope you have backed up your data!

Serano

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PC isn't crashed. EQ crashes.

Regarding Data - all Data is kept on the F Drive. I only put data on F Drives except for automatic game saves that sometimes go to user accounts. I only use C drive for OS - and windows updates and installs that don't let you pick where it goes.
Water

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to your eq folder, search *serano*

rename all files with a .bak added on, restart eq and see how it goes FYI you wont have anything but a very raw EQ config, just like Day 1... but see if it runs. If it does (try to make it crash, repeat behaviors you believe will cause a crash)... start adding files back by logging out, and deleting the current file in your eq folder corresponding to the .bak files you have and rinse repeat, you will slowly gain back your EQ config and hotbuttons and eventually hit the corrupted file hth, good luck.

Serano

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... you know I hadn't thought it could be corrupted Serano files. But then ultimatly I could do the same thing by running a virgin account thats not Serano too. I will give it a shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: