Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ragefire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalamurv

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Ragefire Reply with quote

New progression server starts in 1 hour! (its 2pm pst give or take atm).
maximum nostalgia....starts out with only classic eq....6 months later vote to unlock kunark etc.

I'll be making a char...not sure what yet but I'll be on there!
Kalamurv

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vox phinny naggy down day 2 to mage teams =(
Besto

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid there is no answer to Nostalgia available to classic EQ. The best Daybreak could do would be to scrap EQ Next completely and develop a new mmo that plays very similarly to EQ ...with perhaps some Quality of Life improvements ...with a new/awesome graphics engine. They could even use a kickstarter-type approach, letting the funding levels dictate the amount of content and even letting big donors supply the voice overs or something creative like that.

I wish that progression servers would work to bring the nostalgia back...but it doesn't Sad
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're wrong Besto.

Project 1999 IS the answer.

That's what I was afraid of with Ragefire.

I could log in and make a character now, but its already over. All the rare gear won't drop anymore, the next expansion is already unlocked, bleah.

P99 is it.
Kalamurv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having so much fun on ragefire. It was a bit annoying at first with the login queue because of huge interest....but its now great.

While its not entirely classic, the server has a great population where you can get groups throughout all levels in all zones. Im in one of the top raiding guilds (apok) playing a monk main, and just started a box team of 2 necros and a druid to level up.

If any of you decide to return, hit me up and I'll help you out as I can!
Besto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing on the new EQ2 progression server though (Stormhold.) It's a lot easier to see everything in EQ2 (and hang out with both the hard core and casual crowds) with limited time than it is with EQ.

I will say though, with regard to both Ragefire and Stormhold, it was a MUCH better idea to do the unlocking of expansions via vote than any other method.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: