Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant wait for this game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalamurv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Cant wait for this game! Reply with quote

Ive been following the making of Pantheon for some time now, and it truly looks to be the first real replacement for EQ to ever come out....not the dumbed downed hand holding bullshit with shiny graphics that's basically every game out there, including EQ now....

You guys should check it out!
https://www.pantheonmmo.com/
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks promising.

But, in this day and age of really awful AAA games, I'll believe it when I see it.
Farrens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share Mandaar's skepticism. Would love a new EQ but we never seem to get one. Even for single player games I'm only finding good ones from small indie studios.
Kalamurv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been keeping up with the development of pantheon and honestly i have never been so optimistic about a game. From what I'm seeing this is the first game since vanguard (before it changed ownership and was rushed out incomplete) that stands a very string chance at recapturing all that made eq great, and building more on top of that.

One of the biggest things they've made clear from the start is that this game will NOT be catering to the WOW crowd type players...the game will not be running from npc to npc (with arrows etc over their head), killing x of this, collecting y of that....there will be no hand holding, and it is intended to be challenging. Also there won't be any of the pay to win bullshit that's ruined agonist every game out there, including the latest iterations of eq.

I love how bringing back the social aspect of the game is one of the key goals. They've specially said that there won't be anything like the dungeon finder feature that sets you up/teleports you with random people for some quick task....never to see those people again as that takes away the friendship building etc they want to bring back. There has been mention of having a way to bring your party together quickly though which is great.

While watching the December streaming of game play....the game is in pre pre alpha yet already looks amazing. One the coolest new things they're adding is a climbing ability. You'll need to check out the stream to completely understand this. ..but this concept Koa so fun! The one zone they show is a vertical progression. You have to jump across ledges (where falling spells death), to get to spots you can pull yourself up. ...and they're not all that obvious. They also mentioned that there will be places that require rogue / )i believe they said) bard skill where they use ropes etc to help their party.

I could honestly go on and on about all the great things I've read on their forums and interviews, as well as what I've watched in the streams but I'll leave it here saying i stinky recommend checking this game out!!!!
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right.

I'll try to look for some videos.
Kalamurv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandaar check you PM's and / or members section!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: