Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where the NFL thread go?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerple

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit it was a bit easier taking the Pats loss after watching Peyton Manning implode again and then whining and tossing his linemen under the bus during the post-game press conference.

Oh, and being weak from spraying a pint of blood onto my bathroom floor probably helped too. Saturday sucked.

Mildane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had a hard time accepting the whole linemen thing. Theres going to be a point where you just cant block every blitz that comes your way. Doesnt matter what team you're on.
Nerple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mildane wrote:
Yeah, I had a hard time accepting the whole linemen thing. Theres going to be a point where you just cant block every blitz that comes your way. Doesnt matter what team you're on.

Yep and to back them off you start burning them with some slants and screens, which Peyton wouldn't do. Also what is his deal with not doing what the coaches tell him, like trying to go for it on 4th down etc? Who the hell does he think he is?

Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: I also was wondering Reply with quote

I also was wondering about why he didnt go to quick slants. But from what I saw in some replays, they were really doing a great job on covering the quick lanes.

But, that was the worst pass protection I have ever seen outside of a Detroit Lions game.

I'm not excusing the uncharacteristic way he pointed that out after the game. that may be a problem until he addresses it in the offseason.

Still, to me he's one of the good guys in the NFL. I was sorry to see him lose - although by most accounts Bettis is a pretty decent human being so gratz to him.
Healinyou
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit Lions > all

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerp, Dungy said it was a miscommunication between the punt unit coming on, he never told them to go in. But yeah if you watch indy alot, Peyton pretty much runs the team.

Brooner
sorhab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton is the offensive coordinator practicly......even when hes not playing...when he was "resting"....he was sending in the plays. Pretty impressive other than it proves one man cant win the game for you...all the hype about Peyton Manning and how good he is, all the records he has set and broke....doesnt matter if your team cant do whats needed...

He will win a SuperBowl someday....took John Elway (arguably the greatest quarterback of all time) , what 15-16 years to win one...but atleast he was getting them there to the grand stage.
Mildane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes someone the greatest of all time at something?
Gillaian
Loading...please wait

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit biased here since I've lived in Denver for 26 years now, but... I would love to see if Peyton Manning could have taken the 87' Broncos to the super bowl. The problem with Manning is that he tries to do too much, very much like Elway, as that's the only way he knows how to win. You can win regular season games by yourself but not a championship.

Now, this sunday is going to be a great game with the Steelers. I don't think i've ever seen so much facial hair pair off against eachother.

Gill

p.s. broncos 17 steelers 13 (crosses fingers)
Nerple

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broon, wasn't just last Sunday, there's been a good 5 or 6 times in the past 2 seasons Manning has defied his coach on 4th down or 2 point conversion desicions. Guy needs to be bitchslapped until he realizes he is only a player.

And if I had to pick the best QB of all time I would probably have to grit my teeth and say Montana, though I think in a few years I can safely say Brady!

Healinyou
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its hard to say a "best of all time" because the way the game is played has changed so much. And what is your criteria for it. If its championships then probably Montana. Is it records broken? Then Marino. How about longevity? Farve. But thats modern day. There used to be some great quarterbacks playing in the 50's and 60's too. Only thing was that they ran primarily running offenses, so you can't really compare.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like my pick of N.E. vs. Indy is shot........unless we have a couple of quick plane crashes here very shortly.

At least the NFC is fairly predictable.

Do not want to see the AET bowl............Car. vs. Pit.

Expecting Car. vs. Den superbowl
Aetemius
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AETE BOWL !!!!! I get drunk no matter who wins ! Go Panthers and Steelers ! Dooo eeet for Aete's sake !

p.s. Homeowner's insurance does NOT cover your dad throwing his beer or shoe through your Plasma TV Crying or Very sad

FU Ref overturning that Troy INT, you owe me another fucking TV.

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
Mildane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because it's my duty to pick on all the regional Broncos fans.
(They're everywhere, I tell you. Utah needs a team!)

Quote:
Steelers have nothing that can stop Denver. Denver will stomp their run game...they have troubles with the passing defence...but I think they will pressure Ben good enough to make up for it.
sorhab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, so they had a bad day...I have nothing to say.....Im still crying over it...whats worse is my Platoon Sgt. is a Steelers fan......
Mildane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! I feel your pain. My friend's a Steelers fan too. I havent talked to him in a couple of weeks =P
Aetemius
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, so they had a bad day

Naaa... The Steelers had a good day. That's the difference! Very Happy

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
sorhab

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url]javascript:goMovie('http://images.nfl.com/video/homepage/2005/0127-1.ram');void(null);[/url]

ohhhhhh the GOOD OLE DAYS Sad

FAK.......url wont work...go to NFL.com and click on the right where it says "John Elway was a 'Blue Chipper'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: