Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy New Year 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonflower__Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year 2010 Reply with quote

Hi everyone that remembers me and all the noobs who came after Smile

I can't believe AD is still up after all those years. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic right now thinking about newbie memories about Qeynos or Kelethin killing snakes, rats, skeletons or wathever orc pawns. I was so immersed into the game with the music and the sounds of the fights. Going to Blackburrow, lair of the evil gnolls with my brother Ellwe. There we met Prothos and Wilundar who became long time friends. Getting lost in Everfrost and running away from Martar Icebear hoping that Tundra Jack would appear and save me with the help of his polar bear (cant remember the name of the bear)... going through Kithicor trying to reach Freeport, omg those undead! In East Commonlands where the big players were selling their prized loots I never heard of hehe. With the famous:"Want to sell everything on me at first torch!"

The famous Karnor Castle "train to zone!" ... "train left you noob" Suddenly you see the dozens of drolvargs* running in frenzy and killing the people resting at the entrance haha.

My first real guild was FU(Forsaken Unity) led by Krialis(monk). Having my first raiding experience in ToV with them was a blast! Being able to be a good healer in a raid situation was a revelation and I got hooked more into the game... After some time, FU broke up then I got bored and quit EQ Sad

I came back to see how Luclin was and I was hooked again. Going to The Maiden's Eye, quad kitting those umbral toilers to grind xp and AA, those poor little black beings hehe I killed how many thousands?. Often there was those Eternal Advocates passing through to go to Umbral Plains to kill RumbleCrush or to access Vex Thal and training mobs on my kite and killing me.
Started to do this abominable quest to collect shards for Vex Thal key. That is where I met a wizard named Starre doing the same shard quest for the goranga part. We helped each pther out on this and that's kinda how I came to apply for a trial with AD that was already doing Ssraeshza Temple... I remember once in VT, I succored my group by accident while in a fight lol i was so embarassed because Dapper and one of the tank (I think it was Reijo) were in the group...

Then PoT was released and still loads of fun, then GoD and OoW. I got switched to night shift at my job and couldnt raid week days anymore and I slowly lost interest and gradually quit Sad I tried to come back a few times but I felt so out to date in evrything (gear, skill, new zones, quests etc)

Anyway enough with my own nostalgia Smile

I wish you all a very happy new year 2010!
Velnarin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A happy one to you too, Moonyperson!

It's not that bad to get up to date with some decent help anymore if you hang around people that the Underfoot group stuff can't upgrade. It rots a ton to raid-geared groups (even though the content is challenging even for us ><).

Levels are a monkey of a different color! Oye!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: