Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW:TOR?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garmannis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: SW:TOR? Reply with quote

I hope some of youz remember me. I'm looking to get into Star Wars: The Old Republic. I hope some from the "old" AD crew is looking there as well.

I've since moved from NJ to NC (Fayetteville area) and have a lot of time on my hands lately. I hope everyone is doing well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on giving it a whirl. We'll see if it holds my interest for more than a few months.

This will be the first game that I will have ever played the "dark" or "evil" faction.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine this game lasting.

It's a single player game crammed into an MMO.

Its only hook and differentiation from WoW is voice acting. And from a gameplay standpoint, its not equal to WoW.
Besto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely worth the purchase price though. You'll EASILY have 20 hours of entertainment out of it. If you do the math, that's a huge value versus cost when compared to most forms of entertainment in the world.

I'm still amazed that people think that video games are overpriced when they will spend hundreds of hours playing a single game ..lol.
barrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pvp for SWTOR is legit. Wow took a hit with the failure of the last exp. I reckon I will be playing and in full gank mode on a pvp server with Xorne, Brooner and a few of my old WOW and Lotro nerds. So man up Manjuice, and get your Sith on.
garmannis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing PvE. I played in the TGiving beta weekend and loved it. I played WoW and only took part in a raid once. Didn't care for the story or mythos of the WoW universe so I had no reason to do the high end stuff... but Star Wars... I'm all in! I'm playing a goody goody - Jedi Knight Sentinel. Got up to 21 before the servers shut off.

Com'on Mandonkey! You know you wanna! It almost makes me yearn for the good ole Zergling days!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to do a Sith Powertech (Bounty Hunter tank) on the LORD PRAVEN server Smile
garmannis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juyo Server - Jedi Sentinel, I got my early access emai this morning. But I also want to do the BH thing cuz of the Jawa!
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim does every single thing better than Tor. And I dunno about PVP. Compared to Anarchy Online, PVP in other games just seems like two kids wearing mittens.

I've played a lot of games, and I've learned to trust my instincts. While wonderfully detailed in dialogue, ToR is about as deep as Barrow's .... help me out I need a punchline here.
Besto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played TOR longer in beta than I did Skyrim. Skyrim just got so repetitive ..I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over ...and there are just so many quests, I feel overwhelmed! It just seems like work....and, there's no one to talk to in /gu while I work ..lol.

Now, if Skyrim was an mmo, then we'd be having a completely different conversation!

Oh, and I had another complaint about Skyrim, the controls are all bastardized to make it work wtih consoles controllers Sad I wish it would make better use of the computer keyboard so I could more easily do/change things as I go.

But, that aside, Skyrim is a good game, no doubt about it. I just know that I've stopped playing it (sadly.) But, I felt like that about Oblivion as well, so it's probably just me..hehe.

BUT, that all being said, I still stand by my statement that TOR is worth the purchase price. Now, as to whether it's worth paying for after that first free month, that's up to the individual. But, I feel that the purchase price is a good deal for the entertainment value that one month provides.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was kind of my point Besto, there's utterly no point in having ToR be an MMO at all. It's a single player game experience awkwardly slapped into MMO format.

And fuck, Bioware may do story better than anyone in the industry, but they do gameplay worse than anyone that ever lived.

I'm not at all suggesting that Skyrim is better than a real MMO.

I am just not convinced that ToR will have the staying power of even something like Rift. Project 1999 is a better experience right now than anything else out there (for me) with the possible exception of Anarchy Online. Yeah, I realize I walk a different path from most of you "my little pony" fuckers. =)
Besto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe ...actually, I've always stated (and still believe) that Aion is the best mmo that was ever made.

I tried it again a few months ago and loved it even more than release. The only reason I don't play is because I don't really know anyone there and I'm a little 'behind' with the character progression compared to the rest of the server.

Rift got boring fast (as I predicted.) I got to max level in 2-3 months then quit....never felt a desire to try it again either (which is unusual, usually I decide to log back in at some point and see how things have progressed.)

We'll see about TOR. Sometimes having a LOT of folks playing the same game makes for a social atmosphere that's fun. And, with regard to gameplay, I agree with you with regard to most of it ....I *HATED* the lightsabre classes ...but, I like the bounty hunter classes and think they play much better.

So yea, maybe TOR is a single player game with a /gu channel to hang out with folks, but that's a nice bonus Smile
garmannis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Juyo server. So far the questing feels a LOT like WoW. I'm mainly focusing on class progression and the hidden datacrons, so I go exploring. The area/side quests are starting to get annoying, though they at least tie into the story a little (like subplots). The guild I'm in did a World Boss this weekend... and being 10 levels above, it still gave a bit of a challenge.

I also did my first flashpoint (grouped instances), and that was a lot of fun. After the 2 other melee's died, I tried my hand at tanking... kept agro, and followed the pattern of the fight and won the day.
Hopefully my guild will do some operations (instance raids) so I can check some of that out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still keep you alive in all the mmos I play mandaar, with a variation of your name. My Sith Sorc Manjuice is doing well.
Teklan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandaar wrote:
I can't imagine this game lasting.

It's a single player game crammed into an MMO.

exact reason why I like the game, haha...don't have to rely on others to do most tasks

but it's also the reason why I won't be playing it for years, either
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrow wrote:
I still keep you alive in all the mmos I play mandaar, with a variation of your name. My Sith Sorc Manjuice is doing well.

Years later and Barrow is still tormenting me
Xorne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's love /nod
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone on Vornskr?
Teklan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit, did canderous come back from afk?
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, just a macro i set up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: