Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AD will NOT be vanishing - alterations incoming soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: AD will NOT be vanishing - alterations incoming soon Reply with quote

Ludarian is changing his hosting site and he has to migrate all the forums. That will likely mean that this site is going to vanish at some point in the relatively near future.

I can't possibly imagine donations coming in to keep up with costs and frankly, its a huge pita for Ludarian to migrate it to the new hosting servers.

I would VERY MUCH like to get this stuff kept as an archive, or barring that maybe put up an EX-AD board, but I want to see if there's any interest.

I'm not sure there is. I hate the idea of all these wonderful posts and resources going away. I'm open to ideas.

Last edited by Mandaar on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beltalek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Goodbye friends! Good luck in the new guild Reply with quote

I'm glad I just happened to stop by to say 'hello' to you all. It's been -years- since I played and I doubt few of you will even remember me. I had some great times in AD and wish you all the best of luck. Sad to see that an icon like this is ended. When was AD founded, anyway??

Be safe all.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD was founded no later than early 2002, and possibly mid-late 2001.
barrow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will fund it if needed.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its a question of funding, or I'd just pay for it myself.

Ludarian is just hesitant to move all this content to the new hosting location for a site that gets very little use anymore, even though its amazingly rich in history.

I'm going to try one more time, and offer to pay him whatever his time is worth to do the migration, but failing that, I'm going to request (and have already done so) a backup of all the site content.

Then maybe I can set it all back up as a permant archive and open up the entire forum on a read-only basis and add an entirely new "AD Lifetime membership" forum and give per-request access to those that were members of significance here.

By significance I mean you weren't a complete tool, left on good terms or at least had a long history and were here longer than 15 minutes.

Ludarian, feel free to comment here if you want so the issues are clear to all.
Zahashah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then maybe I can set it all back up as a permant archive and open up the entire forum on a read-only basis and add an entirely new "AD Lifetime membership" forum and give per-request access to those that were members of significance here.

That sounds like an awesome solution Mandaar!
Would really hate to see all of this history disappear
and.........
who knows maybe you will get a little crazy someday and play EQ again Rolling Eyes
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update, the site won't be going away.

It's going to be kept up, but Ludarian is only going to manage hosting. Obviously, there's no real need for him to do any further development on the forum.

Sometime in the next month or two, I'm going to be putting up a thread for old members to post in and request access to the members sections once more. All that will be required is that you either...

a) were a long-time member in good standing
b) weren't a douchebag
c) keep in mind how hard it was to get removed from AD. Don't be afraid to ask, there's essentially no one I've known online (except for one or two in other guilds) that I actively disliked.

If I deny you access, it doesn't mean its forever but I either

A) am not quite sure who you are as I left a year or so before the end and I need to ask around first.
B) think you're a jerk
C) am a jerk myself.

In all seriousness, just to be crystal clear - if you weren't here for a SIGNIFICANT portion of your EQ career, please don't request access. And by significant, I mean 6 months or more of positive involvement at minimum. For example, Beltalek was a member in good standing for well over a year but left way back in like 2005. He will be approved. See how easy that is?

I'll discuss the money side later. Needless to day, it won't be cheap, but whether other people can help out a bit or not, I'll keep it up for the forseeable future.

EDIT: DO NOT PM ME - MY BOX IS STUFFED AND WILL QUICKLY OVERFLOW. I will set up a thread for it soon.

EDIT 2: I will be removing all the names from guild access that I don't know, or those I know were only here briefly. Please don't be offended. I am sure I'll make a couple mistakes. Just let me know about it and I'll handle it appropriately.
Besto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometime in the next month or two, I'm going to be putting up a thread for old members to post in and request access to the members sections once more. All that will be required is that you either...

Hey Mandaar, do you have a link for that thread? Or, have you not yet gotten to it?
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet. I will soon.
Gillaian
Loading...please wait

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<~~~~complete douche.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

access pl0x, anyone back on free to play?
Drauger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

Glad to see some good friends still around. I started playing again a bit and set up my own guild for my bots to use portals etc. I have had the great pleasure of playing with AD members threw many years and several guilds before I even joined AD , and if anyone sees me online feel free to send a tell I could use some tips on these new expansions . Love you all cya around
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: