Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you doing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: What are you doing? Reply with quote

I find that I miss quite a few of you and I'd honestly like to hear what you're all doing.

I'll go first.

I'm married with a wonderful 16 year old (fuck off Aet) daughter. I just started a new job as a senior programmer working on the elder scrolls online. Daughter wasn't crazy about moving to hunt Valley MD but it's pretty amazing here. I haven't played a regular MMO other than p99 since I left.

Happily, my health is good as new.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. There will never be another AD.
Teklan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm still single, ladies! I am currently back at school to become an anesthesiologist assistant (similar to CRNA). It is a 27 month program and I will graduate this coming August!

My program is in Florida and most of my rotations are also there, so I've been around Tampa and Fort Lauderdale mainly. I'm currently full time at my rotations, working 40-50 hours a week, keeping patients asleep during surgery. I'm currently doing a pediatric rotation for kids that have life threatening congenital heart diseases.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklan wrote:
Hello!

I'm still single, ladies! I am currently back at school to become an anesthesiologist assistant (similar to CRNA). It is a 27 month program and I will graduate this coming August!

My program is in Florida and most of my rotations are also there, so I've been around Tampa and Fort Lauderdale mainly. I'm currently full time at my rotations, working 40-50 hours a week, keeping patients asleep during surgery. I'm currently doing a pediatric rotation for kids that have life threatening congenital heart diseases.

Good for you Tek. My surgery was in Florida. Hope you didn't play with all the valves while I was sleeping.
aevark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets see, I have to have gallblatter surgery soon cause I was getting gallstone attacks. Ive had a rare strain of pneumonia call mycoplasma pneumonia, only 1% of people ever get it, had that for the last 16 days and was hospitalized for 4 days. But im out of hospital now feeling okay, ive lost 30-35 lbs over this but getting better everyday ) I work as a sous chef in a retirement residence.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aevark wrote:
well lets see, I have to have gallblatter surgery soon cause I was getting gallstone attacks. Ive had a rare strain of pneumonia call mycoplasma pneumonia, only 1% of people ever get it, had that for the last 16 days and was hospitalized for 4 days. But im out of hospital now feeling okay, ive lost 30-35 lbs over this but getting better everyday ) I work as a sous chef in a retirement residence.

Dang Aevark. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Thanks for sharing all that. Awesome that you can cook. Wish I could make myself learn.
Doggan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just swinging by - don't mind me.

Saw a couple of the AD history videos on Youtube. Thanks for putting them together (Mandaar?). Some of those screenshots brought back good (and bad) memories. Funny to think how nowadays we have replays/videos/livestreams/cloud-backups of every single moment of every game we play, yet back in the day we only had occasional screenshots that were lost as soon as someones hard drive died.

Anyways, sorry to derail your thread. Carry on. Happy holidays!~ Rolling Eyes
Narril

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-hoo!

I have been trying for like 3 months to guess my 12 year old password but I got it this morning!

I am seeing some familiar faces - I stopped playing way back when the max level was 65 and my HP was under 10K....maybe 2006. Looks like Magelo is dead, I was hoping to find my old profile. What happened to EQ and AD? Sometimes I miss it. Hi Mandaar!

As for me, I have been in SE Asia for the last 6 months, and just came back to San Francisco to start working again. Nothing too exciting - ride my bike a lot, do yoga, be a late 20s male, and the like.

MANDAAR EDIT: This post made me feel really, really old. Narril was like 7 when he played in AD (slight exaggeration).
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magelo still works.

I just looked at my old profile the other day.

AD continued until late 2010 and we were in the top 20-30 across all servers from early 2007 to mid-2008.

Hit a big slowdown for half a year or so, and then took off again. But, the core that all joined back in 2003-2005 started to finally retire in 2008-2010 and that was it. But, still, we had a gerat run and while I don't miss how much work it was for me, I do miss the playing and the people.
Dhau

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to report I'm no longer living in my parents attic, I have my own house now. Got married a few years ago and work as a senior programmer in nyc.

Anyone (especially you @Mandaar) who ever wants to grab a beer in the city sometime and reminisce, let me know.

MANDAAR EDIT: This post ALSO Made me feel really, really old.
Broonervaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, good to see some correspondence still happening here.

I've been married now for 13 years, got 2 little girls 6 and 3, been employed at my current job in the prison system for 15 years. I train the Bloodhounds to track escaped inmates and get called frequently by the local sheriff's office to find missing kids/elderly/criminals.

I'm currently playing Witcher 3, Talisman with friends, waiting on The Division, Doom.

Hope you all are well.
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the mighty have been humbled Mandobo....

I now have a 2 year old daughter and a 5 month old son, so my young'n gazing has come to an abrupt end.

I've been married almost 6 years now and we're in the middle of building our dream home. It's surreal.

Edit: Latest addition:

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Aet.

I know you had it in you. I also knew it was disgusting, but apparently your wife is attractive. Lucky for those kids.
Aetemius
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandaar wrote:
Congratulations Aet.

I know you had it in you. I also knew it was disgusting, but apparently your wife is attractive. Lucky for those kids.

lol very true. Both kiddos take after her in the looks department, thank God.

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
Santina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Hi noobs Reply with quote

Glad to see you are all keeping tabs. Miss you all a lot. My boys keeping me busy. Can we still play? 😊
eeventinee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Me Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Just checking in. I've been a lawyer for the past 3 years. Before that did school for forever. Just bought my first house, still in Michigan and that's basically it. Still reminisce about the good times w all of you And hope all is well
Nerple

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Osan Air Base in Korea for work in Sept. 2012 when I had the first of 3 strokes. Ended up in a wheelchair, with considerable left side weakness (but not paralysis, though I have no control over my left leg past my knee but I can still feel it.) So I moved back in with family as I can't really be alone these days. So yeah, overall, life sucks, but I have been playing again with Celestial Navigators with Bit, Tandt, Reijo, and a few others I think. About to ding 97, and was pleasantly surprised to find I have at least 3300 AA, maybe up to 9900 (Thought I only had 800) but playing effectively one handed on a laptop kind of sucks. cant wait to get to my feet again, so I can get into my bedroom (not the front room) and back to work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: