Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New "Legacy" Servers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Compass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giluvas wrote:
im a lvl 10 sk on combine, its alot of fun and really brings back that something i been missin with eq for quite some time

Hmmmmm.

Compass
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: note Reply with quote

An additional note for those waiting for vanguard:

Do a google for vanguard and leak.

The game is getting TRASHED.
Besto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trashing it for months ..lol ...in beta and have seen it ...lol, but oohhh nooo ...no one listens to besto Wink
Corpsed
no YOU shut up!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will wait until release and see. It better be a very difficult game like I was promised to weed out the pussies and crybabies. That is how the game will succeed imo. It should be a game for hardcore players only.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: It is Reply with quote

All reports are that it is difficult, but without any of the charm, fun or interest of EQ.

I was shocked at the reports. And this info wasn't just some pansy crying.

They had some very well written posts.
Besto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is very, very simple: Sigil screwed up when they decided to use the Unreal Graphics/Gaming Engine.

The whole game seriously "Feels" like you're playing a 3rd person shooter that's been revamped/altered to be a MMORPG...and it's a very odd feeling that many people won't be able to describe.

The other thing that I'm concerned about is that I don't think they have any really good coders working on the project. Either that, or the restraints in place by the Unreal engine are so great that it's impossible to code anything innovative and clean. EVERYTHING is buggy ...somethings just a little, some things a lot ...but everything is buggy in some way shape form or fashion .....and, people can say what they like about it being in beta and so forth, but it's WAY buggier than a game should be 6ish months out from release (especially considering it was supposed to be ready THIS month!)

Finally, the game is uber hackable. Unreal source code is easy to get your hands on if you know people that know people. Moreover, the game uses several DLL files to make up the game rather than one big ass executable (as you see with EQ/EQ2/WoW/etc) ..what does this mean? It means that each of the DLLS have to 'export' functions for the other DLLs to rcognize ...meaning that hackers will not only be able to figure out what's going on ..they'll know the exact NAME and calling convention of each function! It's such a bad idea, my mind can't even contemplate it.

Honestly, what amazes me more than anything else is that everyone is pinning their hopes on this game because one of the designers was one of the original EQ designers. Well, designing a game is all well and good, but if you don't have the staff with the expertise to impliment it with good/quality code, you'll end up with shit ..which is what we have. Of course, if the industry would start demanding coders be experts in C/C++/Assembly and HARDCORE coding instead of this NET and other managed code bullshit ...we'd be a lot better off. ...Maybe they'll hire Mandaar soon and he can fix it all Wink

Seriously though, EQ2 is the best coded MMORPG out there right now and it shows. The design is flawed and lacking, and that's why it suffered and isn't the popular game, but the actual programming behind it is definately the best of the MMORPGs.
Corpsed
no YOU shut up!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a pile of shit. I sure hope they can fix it. If not, oh well, its just another failed mmorpg game /shrug.
MariuzDevereux

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Progression Servers Reply with quote

Me and My roomie were playing on The Combine Progression server for a while during off-times.... but we decided to quit playing it yesterday.

As of July 10th (what.. maybe 2 weeks from open?) Original EQ has been beat, and Kunark is unlocked, set to go live on the 28th. Velious will MAYBE slow ppl down to farm NToV and Kael a lil bit, but then Luclin and PoP, and there is no point to make a newb anymore.... you might as well make an alt on Maelin.
Besto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original EQ/Planes went down fast because SOE screwed up and left JaggedPine and some other zone (Freeport sewers?) in the game as they shouldn't.

Also, there are tricks to beating CT and Hate is WAY easier than it was when the game first came out because of the zone layout.

No way to speed up faction and keying though...and all epics have to be gotten as well. I think it'll take a while to get through all of VP and then Velious ... AOW is going to be tough ..hehe).

Then there's Emp keys/bane gear...and then VT keying ....it'll be a whiiile before we get to planes.
csolar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah kunark is releaseing in 2 weeks, but with kunark i think its going to slow down just a little, not much most guilds are prepared to tackle kunark considering that most people have all kinds of stuff for thier epics already. kunarks is going to be a bump its going to be velious that slows everyone down, with haveing to kill all three factions, and farming, and waking up the sleeper, No one is oging to want to do that. People want to farm the stuff off the guardians for a while, and the guild that does kill all the gaurdians and wakes up the sleeper people will totally be upset with, I mean it wont make a differance becuase spilt milk is spilt milk but still.

i'll be lvl 50 or so in a few weeks specially with kunark coming out

then i'll have to strive for 60 which wont be hard. KC here I come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: