Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Founding Fathers...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dapper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Founding Fathers... Reply with quote

Hey all!

Out browsing today and I realized that it was over a year since I actually checked up with what you all have been doing. I thought I would take the time to throw out some Christmas Cheers to everyone that stuck with AD and kept things going. I barely recognize almost anyone in the roster, other then a few such as Mandaar and Reijo. Is Mandaar still bitching at the healers to "Get their shit together" in Ventrilo?

In regards to me... life changes.

I moved to World of Warcraft back in the day had a fall out with Battas, Tandt, Littlebit, and a few others in regards to guild stuff. In the end, stupid petty things to argue about so if any of you guys (and gals) are reading this, hope all is well and sorry if I was a dick. Different dynamics of games changes people.

Went through a divorce, but am much happier now with the new Girlfriend. LIFE NOTE: Not playing MMORPG's (like EQ guys!) 24x7 is FTW.

Still playing World of Warcraft casually, a few days a week, mostly with my son, my girlfriends son, and the old crew: Ciliem, Duridain, Yamile, and Shylah.

Anyways, looks like you guys and gals are still kicking ass. Keep up the good work and I will check up on you all soon

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Dapper Daman
AFK for Life
Founder - Appotus Dominus
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Hi Dapper.

Its been what? 2 and a half years?

Glad you're still kicking around.

Yes, Everquest is not recognizeable almost from when you left. Except for Uqua, there's little that can parallel some of the events now.

When you left there were 11-12k tanks. Now we have 14k clerics. It's pretty wierd.

Thanks for checking in, I'm going to put up a post soon to try and document AD's history a bit. Trying to come up with a list of everyone that was with us at least a few months. Then I'm going to go on a hunt for good pictures over the years since I lost most of mine to reformatting.

You're remembered everytime a druid ports the MA to zone in or rivervale or some other bizarre place =D.

We still have 15-25 people from the glory days of 2003 and early 2004. It's still AD.
reijo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's nice to hear from you Dapper, glad to see everything's going well for you. we're still plugging along, i think we've actually hit a nice stride lately, making nice progress. was good to hear from you, happy holiday's Smile

ps... simna's still here, longest serving AD member.
TWolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit its the afk druid! good to hear from ya dapper, dont be a stranger.
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: btw Reply with quote

By the way dapper.

What's up ya JACKASS!?

(to those that think that was insulting, that was Dapper's pet word).

And no, I NEVER yell at the healers. I'm extremely calm, cool and collected. Never a single word in anger do I utter.

I am deeply offended you would even allude to such a thing.
Avendora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mandy makes me cry all the time
Dapper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont let Mandaar get to you... I could out heal him (as a druid) back in the day, I'm sure he's still the "subpar" cleric of the guild Laughing

Anyways, it's nice to hear from you all. I will keep checking in.. have a wondering Holiday and Happy New Year.

P.S. Someone should let me borrow a account and some install CD's so I can show some of my RL WoW newbs how tough EQ was. Smile

Dapper
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: bah Reply with quote

Don't lie dapper.

You were the only druid on the raids to have your entire spellbar filled with nukes and group ports to places like north karana.

Smile
Xorne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to read it twice tough the title was Foundling Fathers.

Xorne, Rogue Extraordinaire
Fobas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow sucks dick.

Fobas
Aetemius
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you Dapper.. You wrote more in that post then I ever saw in a tell or /rsay I think.

Quote:
You're remembered everytime a druid ports the MA to zone in or rivervale or some other bizarre place =D.

To be fair, Baldy also ported a group to RV during Mith Marr. Razz

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Yeah but.. Reply with quote

Yeah, but you're a tutu-wearing pally and I'm still going to kick your ass for your other post.

Blyzin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you Dapper.
One more thing, I own you in mana now :-p

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy boss. Glad to hear things are back on track for you. I'm a casual gamer myself now, though it's pretty tough. I canceled my WoW account about 1-month ago, though I played it from the start. Thankfully it's very casual-friendly.

Whether you hate the game or not, Blizzard realized it's the casual community that you need to cater to, not the hardcore. Explains their 7 million subscription base.

On a side note, I did pick up EQ2 and am currently messing around with that, so if anyone is on the Oasis server, feel free and give "Naydaal" a tell. I"M on about 3-nights a week.

-Gribiel, the Lovedorf
Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are doing well Dapper.

I still think of you in pink.

Silverpaws
Nerple

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grib you fucker, I just picked up and am messing around with EQ2 as well, but on Unrest. Dirty fucker.

Fobas, you're right. WoW sucks.

Dapper, Hi. New girlfriends=more sex.

As for me, when I moved last, I got a puppy which sort of killed my scheduled raiding days because she's an attention whore that demands I am constantly focused on her. She'll bark for 30 minutes just so I watch her chew her toy. And when she's not demanding my attention, I am picking up after her soiling everywhere on the carpet.

How much does a carpet steam cleaner cost tor rent?

Gribiel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About $80 a day for the carpet steamer. My fiancee (did I mention I'm engaged now) and I have a 9-Month old pappillon http://www.papillonclub.org/
and quite a few accidents have ensued. She's definetly an attention whore and will paw at my legs if she wants to play...which is every minute of the day. Haven't had an accident in the house in a month or two now, excluding the time she got sick. Progress is wonderful!

-Gribiel the Lovedorf
Nerple

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the Engagement lovedorf.

My pup is only about 4 and a half months, but about the same size as yours at the moment. She's half Peckingnese and half Welsh Corgi but looks like a miniature Border Collie. Instead of my legs, she'll jump up and bite my sides if I don't respond to the barking. Cannot wait until she can stay in a crate when I am at work and I can really finish training her.

reijo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grib, nerple, have you guy's been getting in touch with your femine side ? i don't know how else to explain men owning the dog's you have. i myself have a puppy (well he's 16 month's so maybe not a puppy) but it's a Rhodesian ridgeback, that replaced my German sheppard, real men dog's. Smile
Nerple

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reijo wrote:
grib, nerple, have you guy's been getting in touch with your femine side ? i don't know how else to explain men owning the dog's you have. i myself have a puppy (well he's 16 month's so maybe not a puppy) but it's a Rhodesian ridgeback, that replaced my German sheppard, real men dog's. Smile

It's simple, my apartment has rules against any dog over 20 pounds in adult weight, and it's winter in Massachusetts and I like heat and a roof over my head. I was going to get a bulldog but at 60-80lb, they are a tad heavy, almost got a Boston Terrier, but my puppy will take on any dog, she regularly goes after a coworker's boxer, and my sister's Shar-pei/Pitbull.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: