Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss the good ole days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudcrushy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Miss the good ole days. Reply with quote

Lol, I was searching for a old sound wave I have of a radio station calling some guy to give him flowers from his girlfriend only to have him say are they from my wife... That was truely a classic but in searching my ftp server I found oldschool sig's of many old previous chars of mine.

Here some and my favorite times while I was playing them...

Favorite time during mid 2001.... Everquest's first Server Wide kill of Avatar of War

Btw, It took 113 people to kill him the first time. @@

I remember this because Headboss(Headboss was not even created at this time) was a newbie on Beardo listening to all the action in /ooc

Note: Not only did we kill him once, we killed him twice... And the only guilds in all of Everquest to kill him in his pre-nerfed State...

The day after we killed him a second time, servers were brought down, Giants where no longer charmed able in Kael IE any of the Arena trash. And you could no longer Bind inside the arena.

6 Months Later the two guilds again team up to kill the bastard again.

Third kill

Sad to say months after the third kill, and due to the GOD loot system we had. A few of us left and quit eq. Due to back then killing AoW was god like. But 1 person getting 2 loots from AoW in back to back kills is what slowly killed off the guild and thus the links to the sites are dead for Shock of Swords Sad

I had quit EQ for several months and gave my account to a RL friend I worked with. Came back to make a rogue.Played him for another 1 - 2 years, quit him for a year and thus now I am mudcrushy playing since 2003 on this toon. Named myself after a Shaman I know who was in Legacy of Steel Mudcrush Durtfeet.

Last edited by Mudcrushy on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Omegadon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty neat Mud, I only wish that i had discoverd this game back then, since i only started playing in summer of 05, i missed out on sooo much stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omegadon wrote:
Thats pretty neat Mud, I only wish that i had discoverd this game back then, since i only started playing in summer of 05, i missed out on sooo much stuff.

you're welcome
Lichlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember being on the first AoW kill on Lanys Smile. Was an AWESOME time in EQ...still the best time ever.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Fun stuff Reply with quote

There's been a lot of stuff over the years that was fun to watch or be part of.

I remember the Zek rez zerg of the sleeper particularly well.

I remember the GMs taking the servers down to stop them. Then being forced to reset the warders so they could go again. The final count of players on that zerg was way up in the 100s. I didn't like it then, but it's funny to remember it now.

Raiding was at a standstill. Everyone was tuned in to the channel on every server.
Mildane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AoW wasnt as cool here to me, because there were around 4 guilds I think that were capable of taking him down, and 1 or 2 guild that didnt mind running passed the guild that cleared to him. Wayyyy too much drama as he was ganked every now and then. I think that was AoW anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: