Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vanguard?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Besto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Vanguard? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone was playing Vanguard ..and if so, what server and such.

I know it's a no-no posting about other games here, but as much as I'd love to come back to EQ and raid with you guys, Besto is sooooo far behind it'd take two years to catch up Smile

So, since there's no "old folks home" forum here, I'm forced to post in 'general' Smile

Besto

ps. I was very critical of VG in beta; however, it's doing quite well and performance issues almost disappeared when it went live, so I'm pretty happy with it. And, seriously, ( I know everyone says this) ...it truly is the sequel to EQ.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: err Reply with quote

I played it in beta.

It's trying to be WoW, and it's failing.

I highly doubt they fixed every lifeless model, every horrid sound, every uninspired quest. I know no one that thinks that game is the sequal to EQ. Everyone I know says its confused about what it is, but that it is some mix of EQ2 and WoW. There will never be another EQ. Never. No developer would put out anything that rich, that difficult, that frustrating, and that magical again. It can't be that magical again. We've seen the real deal since 1999. The revolution is over until someone finds a new wheel. It's just little evolutionary blips for most games.

When there's another real deal, I'll give it a try.

I'd have to see a sparkling review to even consider dabbling. Thus far, the reviews have all said "been there, done that, and it was done better elsewhere".

All that said, I'm glad you're having fun. I miss the fun times we used to have rolling around hate and chatting on vent for hours about nothing. Take care and keep in touch.
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: err Reply with quote

Mandaar wrote:
I played it in beta.

It's trying to be WoW, and it's failing.

I highly doubt they fixed every lifeless model, every horrid sound, every uninspired quest. I know no one that thinks that game is the sequal to EQ. Everyone I know says its confused about what it is, but that it is some mix of EQ2 and WoW. There will never be another EQ. Never. No developer would put out anything that rich, that difficult, that frustrating, and that magical again. It can't be that magical again. We've seen the real deal since 1999. The revolution is over until someone finds a new wheel. It's just little evolutionary blips for most games.

When there's another real deal, I'll give it a try.

I'd have to see a sparkling review to even consider dabbling. Thus far, the reviews have all said "been there, done that, and it was done better elsewhere".

All that said, I'm glad you're having fun. I miss the fun times we used to have rolling around hate and chatting on vent for hours about nothing. Take care and keep in touch.

beautifully said
Fobas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think its the sequel to eq imo its what eq should be. The classes are more developed by level 6 than any class in everquest has ever been. The depth of the abilities and their impact and neccesity make it a far superior game.

It does however have its problems still. The lag is horrendous if you have a 2 year old or older computer(non 6800+ and 2gb ram). There are still glitches that crash you to desktop about once every other day. Of course in its defense it is still a baby in terms of development and will only get better as those issues are worked out. Eq is still full of countless bugs and half finished content and its had many years to mature.

The best thing about vanguard is every single class is actually fun to play. They all have strengths and weaknesses and are FUN because they are more complex than everquest classes. Its very hard to settle on one class there. Questing is the fastest way to level as you learn and develop your beginning skills and its fun rather than a mindless plow. The tradeskill system is revolutionary. Very complex no more mindless clicking you actually have to utilize skills and thought in making items.

I think it would be very hard for anyone to quit eq and go there now but after the first expansion is released and most of the bugs are worked out it will definately be worth the time and money even if its just to relax late at night or on weekends when you have nothing to do in everquest. The last few days of beta was like a different game so if you didnt play thru the beta till the end you got no idea how much better it got!

Feshnoz Tol`adem formerly known as Fobe Bryant.

Ps wow sux

Pss if you wanna play with me if I dont hate you for being a retard ill tell you where I am np. Just pm me or send me a tell in eq I still play it a hella lot.
Nerple

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fob, you hate everyone.

Besto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

Fun is probably the wrong word ..hehe. If I had time to actually play the game, I'd be back in Appotus Dominus raiding ....all I can do nowadays is just log on for a bit and putz around. And, VG is kindof nice for that since it's VERY slow leveling (for most people) ...so there's usually a lot of people around that are still lower level to play with.

I am curious what the end game will look like in a couple years.

Also, as fobas said, you definately need a good computer. If you run things on highest performance ..it looks about the same as EQ ..with more lag. (on an average computer) ..but, if you have brand new hardware and go with the highest settings ...it's the most incredible looking thing in the world ..hehe. (I tried it once just to see) ...the water is amazing...

So, yea, in 2 years when we're all using teh equivalent of a dual core, 2 gigs of RAM, and the equivalent of geforce 8800s ....then it'll be the game to play.
Mildane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, yea, in 2 years when we're all using teh equivalent of a dual core, 2 gigs of RAM, and the equivalent of geforce 8800s ....then it'll be the game to play.

Nah. In two years, we'll be able to put some plug n play controllers into our sattelite I-Pods and just play it on there.
Beltalek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besto wrote:

My PC recently imploded (I was threatening to upgrade it and it got emotional) and I rebuilt it with pretty much the specs Besto mentioned... So, what is this Vanguard of which you speak? Still in beta? Trial downloadable? I've been looking for something to put the new machine through it's paces....

p.s. When I logged onto the eq website a while back they gave me a "we miss your money please come back" free month. Was cool to log on and chat (always when Mandaar was about to piss off something big and ugly (and I don't mean Reijo Twisted Evil ) and say hi to friends. The old places still look the same (though I did fire up EQ on the new machine and it did look a bit better).

Still the same old game, but I guess I'm not the same old person. I'm getting married in three days, so I apologize for waxing nostalgic. Have fun, kick ass, and by far the most important, make fun of Mandaar as much as possible while doing it -- the web updates are a RIOT! Very Happy
sorhab

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got me hooked...I like it...EQ is still the game...but its old...not that I get to play it alot...its just fun because its new and NOT EQ...

Owning my own boat is fun also...get around alot faster..

It has potential...they have fixxed most of the crashes from bugs...I havent had one in a long time. One cant expect it to compare to EQ as is....EQ is in its 13th expansion...VG on its first..I think its gonna be around a while.
vesty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<--- Still playing EQ2 Razz
Fobas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats because you suck balls vestie pooh.

Fobe
Feffwin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone playing on Hilsbury? I found Quadzilla on Razz
cerrelia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sup bitches and I am playing WoW if anyone wants to make a toon on Korialstraz to say hi my names Elicit(because that name owns Fobas).
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: grr Reply with quote

Feffwin, you suck.

Cerr, you're a n00b.

Fobas, where are you?

Everyone else, make a cleric.
Gribiel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did make a cleric!

-Gribiel the Lovedorf
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: bah Reply with quote

Then play it you yellow-armored n00b!
Fobas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a bigger house across town closer to you mandaar. Took acd 2 weeks to get the internet working because they are retarded almost as bad as comcast.

But Im back on eq so if you need links to any of anova's gear let me know Smile

Ps Vanguard really is quite awesome, wow sucks dick as always,hi SC, carlos is a transvestite irl, and NOTHING is sexier than fobas.
wenvarwen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of questions....

1. I've heard it has parts similar to collectible card games... I'm not going to feel like I'm playing Yoh-gi-ho if I pick it up am I?

2. Can I get anything done with it if I can only play for a few hours per week or if I can't find a group?

3. I heard there are no instantiated zones... does it get really crowded in some areas?
sorhab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah its good Wen...I got a 32 Sorcerer....I find it much more fun than EQ..ONLY because its something new and its similar to EQ/EQ2 type of play.

Its come a long way since it started...I had to upgade to make it worth while...New Nvidia 680i SLI mother board, Geforce 7950 GT oc 512mb vid card and a Pent 2 duo core Poc.

I can run full graphics full everthing with not a bit of lag.

I play at night, for a few hours...you can get alot done solo, or in groups.

They mixxed the classes up just a tad, I like it tho it creates almost a new class from each one.

Ive just upgraded to a medium boat..and building a house soon...which you would use for storage and now you can bind at your house.

Working on a quest atm for a flying mount. I have a camel atm.

I think youde like it...I dont have much time to play anything but I find i get what I want out of it...

Flamehammer Server...names Akhatll...come join the Fun.
Nerple

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wen picks it up, I may just be persuaded to finally pick it up although my puppy goes ballistic if I play more than an hour or two, and I am lucky to get that.

Fobas, I am going to pierce you with an arrow and steal all the jam filling from your belly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: