Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a Computer Geek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolthen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Need a Computer Geek Reply with quote

Having some issues with my computer and trying to figure out some possibilities.

Problems I'm having are as follows...

When I restart or shutdown my computer the monitor will shut off but the computer itself stays on (The blue power button stays on and it doesnt restart)

When I go to turn on my computer it only turns on the monitor bout every other time (I hit the blue button but the monitor doesnt come on so I hold in the button turn it off and do it again then it usually turns on)

Also when it is on I get a wavy screen when opening a window, playing a video or downloading a file, when downloading a file or playing a video it is continously wavy.

Hoping someone here might be able to give me a cpl of ideas and maybe a cpl of solutions...Thankyou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the AGP slot on your motherboard may be shotty. I would take it to a computer shop tho honestly, that definately isn't software and most likely will require a new motherboard or grafics card.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive had that problem, in my case it was a timing issue with bios and the agp slot. for some reason it was worse with ati cards... power issue with them maybe? anyways, if a diferent card doesnt make it livable then i have to agree your buying a motherboard.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRT or LCD monitor? If it is a CRT, are there any speakers or other magnets near the monitor? This can distort a picture sometimes. Obviously it can't cause the shutdown/startup issues.

Probably not a bad idea to update the drivers for it, either. Unlikely this will solve the problem but if you call tech support they're going to keep their thumbs lodged in a local convenient orifice until you do.

Check cable connections, use a different cable if you have one. Yeah, I know, more lame stuff but sometimes the simple things can pee in your cornflakes.

Good luck.
Omegadon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats usually what happens when you play WoW you n00b. You should come back to play a real game. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah and stop allowing your toon to be abused by TF ><

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fooling around somemore with it (dont have 250$$ laying around for repair man just yet) And got the BSOD just now, wondering if anyone can make sense of it?

0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x80545ff0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible answers

Your grafics card may be power starved. Your monitor could be causing this funnily enough. Try using an oldschool monitor and see how that works. The error your getting is generally caused by
1) power starved or misconnected hardware
2) timing error in ram or bios
3) operating system malfunction

More than likely it a corrupted OS in which case you will need to re install the OS.

Last edited by 1song on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total
1song

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284/en-us

Machine check exceptions are frequently caused by one of the following conditions:
Â? You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.
Â? Noisy power, overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer. Make sure that you have a stable, reliable power supply to your computer.
Â? Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices such as fans may damage your computer. Make sure that your cooling devices are all working.
Â? You have damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer. If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration to determine what is wrong. Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: