Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To all members of AD, past and present
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aetemius
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAYBE I might have time this week to 1) find my old HD and 2) hook it up and see if any pics are salvageable.

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Again Reply with quote

Again, anything would be good. I will PM you my email address when you tell me you're ready to send stuff. Thus far, about 1 in 10 people offering to help have done so. So, I will wait until you tell me you're ready.
Ciliem2001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: First Ever AD News update. Reply with quote

Whats up --

Dapper told me about this thread over on our wow AD boards (yeah we took the name, we couldnt think of anyting better, ad.roxaar.com if you wanna visit old cranky fucks like me) so I figured I would plow my pc and see what I have.

I dont have any pics that I can find but I have about 12 texts that are the original news from Lodizal, epic (1.0 fuckers, thats all there was!) mobs, and so on. The first of these treasures is posted below.

If youre wondering who the hell I am, it was me, Dapper, Duridain, Yamile, and Whiteout that first put Appotus Dominus through as a guild name after "Cobra Kai" and "Drunken Masters" were rejected. I ended up playing mostly during West TOV farming and then I came back for a bit with my frogman wizard up to quarm and a bit further.

We play Wow now, softcore style and we raid twice a week, whenever we can get people (10 man stuff). Anyway, we're all really astounded that 6 years later this is still up and running and you guys are still killing mobs and getting loots. You make that 6 man crew who wandered into Chardok in 2001 proud.....

(ps... this was old Chardok and it was a fuckin nightmare.. it was untuned and horrible... mobs were popping at a ridiculous rate and we really had no business being in there)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chardok: Who Knew? November 23, 2001

This weekend we decided after we had camped the Seb Crypt and some ridiculous monk drop in Karnor’s that we wanted to do something a little bit out of the ordinary: have a dungeon crawl. We decided that we were going to attempt to penetrate as deep into Chardok as our mediocre levels would carry us. This week the, uhh, winning team was:

Simna 51 Warrior
Ciliem 52 Enchanter
Dapper 53 Druid
Keepson 51 Monk
Whiteout 52 Shaman
Yamile 49 Cleric

Discovering (the hard way most times) that Chardok repops at an insane rate we were able to run in quite deep. There were many strange (mostly caster, yay!) drops that were upgrades for many of our ranks as well as some cool weapons. Killing the mobs proved decent experience, and it was exciting to slip into the perilous depths of Chardok. Well, it was exciting and fun until we all got run down.

You see, we found this rather big daddy, and decided to camp him for a shoulder piece that we picked up. We sat in this breast shaped enclave and awaited our lewts. Well, as it turns out, Chardok pops extremely fast and there were wanderers. So, while I was messing with my insipid strength staff, many mobs came onto the scene at a quick rate following Keepson. Dapper and I were able to escape but Yamile was left behind to: MELEE THE MOBS!

Yam put up a grand fight and scored the “money shot” on the named mob. She quickly looted the item and proceeded to get ripped to shreds. A lengthy necro telling session ensued and finally we got our corpses. In addition to this, “Gotzcoffens” was born: a level 1 DE warrior who gotz our coffins. We got some loot, got run down, and generally had fun. While we would have loved to get more loot and get run down one less time, it was still quite a fun time.

Welcome Friends November 25th, 2001

The guild has gained some new members! Here are the new recruits:

Simna: A 52 Warrior
Thoron: A 52 Rogue
Fensomething: A 55 Paladin

Please welcome all these fabulous new recruits to the mix! I apologize for not knowing Fen’s full name. I just met him yesterday! Anyway, with these additions we are now a viable force who can begin to do more fabulous things. First thing on the menu: Enchanter epic. What? Come on! It’s a snake, and it MOVES for Gods sake!
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

That's the kind of stuff. If you don't have pictures, I'll take anything. History, funny moments, whatever.

Thanks Cil. Beem a long, long time. Very gratified you stopped by.

We're number 4 on a condensed server full of names that have been top dog since the early 2000s. It's a lot harder now than the old days on raids. But, groups are a ton easier (mostly).

Stop by anytime. Thanks for making this place happen.
Shylah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! For those that don't know me, I was a paladin, aptly named Shylah, that stumbled upon AD way back when we were ToV dreaming.

Anyway, I also play Warcraft with Ciliem, Duridain, Dapper, Whiteout and Yamile (who is now my husband omgz)... a horde paladin, again, aptly named Shylah!

Mandaar - keeping it going big time man! I think I totally have screenshots sitting around from the old times, as well as MANY from Yam's website YAMDOWN with lots of funny stuff.

PM me your email!
Shylah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i found stuff from fear raids lol
Shylah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell i'm bored at work

here are a few choice ones, i have a ton more!
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: !!!! Reply with quote

Wow Shylah, you just made my day.

It's great to hear so many familiar names and to see such great pics.

I will take anything you have and I'm really grateful to you for taking the time.

I hope you stop by anytime.

Any old AD, stop by in game sometime. You'll be stunned at all the changes.
Ciliem2001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stuff is classic, omfg.

When we could finally do fear and hate we thought we were the best thing going.

Too bad our first fear raid ended with us walking in with mage summoned gear trying to fight to our corpses. Fucking scarelings..
vesty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look on my old PC also mandaar. I know I have some shots of AOW and SSRA temple. Some in fear and growth planes also. Oh and I have a shot somewhere of me talking to Feshnoz about how cool rogue was and that he should make one. Laughing

And for those that don't know me I played a halfling rogue named vestanpance back in the day. I can't remember when (date) it was that I joind AD but it was right after my first guild vengeful dragons disbanded. Somewhere around the time of the release of Luclin I think. Now I play in a raiding guild in EQ2 on the Nejena server. Same toon name.

vesty
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

That would be outstanding vesty.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I've seen yamile make 2 accounts so far. Tell him to check his spam folder for the confirmation email =P.
yamilevaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 250+ photos ready for you, plus the original website from Oct 2001 till 2002

Yam
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Reply with quote

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

That's so awesome. This just makes my day. PM inc.
yamilevaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one I kept waiting for the message I must have typed in the address wrong, but the second one worked.
Nerple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vesty wrote:
And for those that don't know me I played a halfling rogue named vestanpance back in the day.

Why do you lie to the people? Your name is Messypants.

Nerple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Pudding, Continuing from our convo in game tonight. It appears I did have some documents hidden away. I am not sure how useful they will be as I haven't looked yet, but I have at least 3 updates worth of pics. So send me the info. It will have to wait til tomorrow though so I can move my external HD around.

Nerple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a PO guild tag I see on Vashen in Fear?

yamilevaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have to ask him about that, I think that was just as PO was having issues the first time and he was in for a short period of time, and then joined AD.

He is still around playing WoW on Elune Alliance with a few others (Shou, from time to time Papers, and some others from PO/Triality).

Will have to send him over here to see if he has anything that you might be able to use.
Dapper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that I can still out heal Mandaar with my retro 2003 gear Smile

Dapper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: