Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To all members of AD, past and present
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: !!!!! Reply with quote

!!!!!

Come prove it fucker!

Gribiel, DO I have to hold your hand!?
vesty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's captain messypants to you!
Gonuso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to dig through my old hard drive backup cds and find the ton of screenshots and chatlog files to find the greatest hits for examples, but some of my fondest memories of AD WToV runs involved telling Dapper that I needed 5 mins to afk so I could take a dump while they setup the Call of the Hero chain. I know they're probably some of his fondest memories as well. Razz

I do have these ones uploaded already....

Here's a screenshot of me and Vashen laughing over Ayiar's corpse when he tried to break into our lockdown of Fungus Grove and got eaten.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/gastrolicious/ayiar1.png

And another of some of us in Kael waiting for Dabamf to do his thing before EA could crash the party....chat purposely blanked out because I was going to make it look like Vash was saying he was gay and had a mancrush on Dapper....but I never got around to it.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/gastrolicious/vash-blank.jpg

Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

This is awesome. Hey Gonuso, it's great to see that name again. I hope our current members can read all this and get a sense of how far back AD goes. I know that it's probably only been 5-6 years since most of you played, but that seems like an eternity ago.

I wish a lot of you could see the things we do now. It would make me proud for you to see it, and it would make you proud to see the legacy you've created.
Nerple

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow Reply with quote

Mandaar wrote:
and it would make you proud to see the legacy you've created.

Beastiality?

yooh stormrunner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg Nerp lives on
Nerple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yooh!

Pudding, Sending some stuff now, mainly Tacvi/Anguish stuff. Didn't have anything from Luclin/PoP.

yamilevaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Vest!

If you have low resolution sorry for the side scrolling.....well slightly sorry....
Nerple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Messypants is taller than Angryling!

yamilevaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all too short no matter what....at that point your better off being a gnome!

Another classic:

Gonuso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG HAHA DONKEY LOOTS.

I still remember the time that Papers, Avoozl, Mamlas, Typhis, and I were in the middle of 5 manning the donkey when Dapper called everyone to gather for a raid and then said to meet for Donkey loots beforehand...not knowing that we were killing it already.
Shylah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamilevaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciliem's original guild history:

Appotus Dominus: FAQ
By: Ciliem Nuukchanta

Your shit guild has a FAQ? Are people really asking you questions on a frequent basis about your guild?

Quiet, you. I won’t lie; I made up all the questions myself.

What does Appotus Dominus mean?

There is actually a story about how we got our name that has a modicum of entertainment value.

Originally, we wanted to be called “Cobra Kai” after the sinister Dojo in the loved Karate Kid movies. However, we submitted this name and it was denied because it was supposedly “media”. Despite our moans of protest the powers that be crushed our name and left us to curl in the fetal position. Many tears were shed, and bitter words were spoken about Verant.

Next, in out attempts to get a cool name past the ‘thought police’ or ‘Gestapo’ at Verant we came up with “Drunken Masters”. The rejoicing began. This was our name, this was us, this was our true calling. As we talked more we discussed how we would like to kill large mobs in-game drunk. The excitement rippled through our small group as we patted ourselves on the back. Surely, this name would make it through!

Then, like an anvil from the sky, the slam down fell upon us. It nearly crushed us. I personally wanted weep for days in my room with a hearty supply of Bon Bons and Wendy’s hamburgers. For what its worth they told us we should not have any reference to being drunk in the game.

/rant on
This is the most preposterous thing I have ever heard of in my whole life. These morons walk around in the game and HAND ME ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. I can brew them if I want. I can drink them at any time. I can get drunk in game. However, I can’t make a guild mentioning being drunk in a humorous way.
/rant off

This really crushed our spirits. However, Whiteout took it upon himself to do a little scholarly research. He translated Drunken Masters into Latin, and lo and behold it sounded cool. Next Verant asked us what this meant. We kindly told them it meant “clumsy masters”. Whether out of stone cold laziness, the lack of desire to deal with our angry emails, or because they simply approved of this we were approved. Hence Appotus Dominus was born. It means “Drunken Masters”.

What is the basis for the guild?

The guild is based around five friends (?) who like to play EQ together. Those founding fathers are Dapper, Whiteout, Yamile, Ciliem, and Duridain. What makes the guild special is that on weekends we all go over to Dapper’s house (much to the chagrin of his wife) and play EQ for something like 20 hours. We operate in a highly efficient way and we are good at what we do.

What are the goals for the guild?

We don’t fucking know, okay? Basically, we have these raging fights every weekend. Occasionally, I have wanted to blacken the eyes of many of my dear guildmates. We have problems getting along most times, so that makes it very hard for us to decide where we want it to go. There are only a few key things that we want to do right now:

(A) We are going to 60, asap.
(B) We want phat lewts.
(C) We will try almost anything. We did efreeti lord with our highest character at 48 (a druid no less). We went to Seb with a 43 cleric in tow. We camped Frenzy in the high 30s.

So, whether we grow or not is up in the air. If you are cool, and we like playing with you then you will probably get an invite. If you have an interest in being a part of a small elite team, then we are interested. We are not Epic Heroes , or any such similar guild. We want quality, not quantity.
yamilevaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old post of memories from 2004....

Farming the hub is probably the one that stick out to me that hasn't been mention yet, but it was the first night of farming in ToV that sticks out a bit for me. We ended up CoHing to Telks layer who wasn't up at the time and we didn't know when he was due to pop so it was a risk putting to there cause we weren't sure where would be a good place to pull too. This was before we had gotten malo so Whiteout was going crazy trying to get the mobs slow while the AE's were just eating us apart. We managed to kill a few mobs and then learned our first valuable lesson......the mobs gate....was a fun night and a great learning experience.

Others that were mention that I do remember were and some random other memories...

Fist Gozz which was basically our first raid mob kill, our first time in ST and dealing with EA there, our first Arry kill, killing cursed w/o a bard (crazy fight), AoW the first time, killing Kland finally after whiping to that mob so many many times and it at the time just so not worth doing, being in PoA while a certain druid's in game husband was sending threatning tells to dapper for stealing his women, our first Grieg kills which were actually more importaint in hindsight then some of the others that were mentioned actually. Diddy in ToV or any other place getting suck in objects and being unable to get out because he refused to carry food or drink and had no sta as a result, ToV farming, more ToV farming, and then some ToV farming to get every member BP and Legs.....that wall in side of the hub i swear I spent more time starting at it then anything else, diddy demanding we do his epic because dapper had to have his,
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Awesome Reply with quote

This is awesome stuff. We'll take all you have.
Aetemius
Resident Whore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamilevaz wrote:
Old post of memories from 2004....

Farming the hub is probably the one that stick out to me that hasn't been mention yet, but it was the first night of farming in ToV that sticks out a bit for me. We ended up CoHing to Telks layer who wasn't up at the time and we didn't know when he was due to pop so it was a risk putting to there cause we weren't sure where would be a good place to pull too. This was before we had gotten malo so Whiteout was going crazy trying to get the mobs slow while the AE's were just eating us apart. We managed to kill a few mobs and then learned our first valuable lesson......the mobs gate....was a fun night and a great learning experience.

Others that were mention that I do remember were and some random other memories...

Fist Gozz which was basically our first raid mob kill, our first time in ST and dealing with EA there, our first Arry kill, killing cursed w/o a bard (crazy fight), AoW the first time, killing Kland finally after whiping to that mob so many many times and it at the time just so not worth doing, being in PoA while a certain druid's in game husband was sending threatning tells to dapper for stealing his women, our first Grieg kills which were actually more importaint in hindsight then some of the others that were mentioned actually. Diddy in ToV or any other place getting suck in objects and being unable to get out because he refused to carry food or drink and had no sta as a result, ToV farming, more ToV farming, and then some ToV farming to get every member BP and Legs.....that wall in side of the hub i swear I spent more time starting at it then anything else, diddy demanding we do his epic because dapper had to have his,

That, is fucking hilarious.

Duvyen Deportee
Appotus Dominus
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: sigh Reply with quote

I swear to God, in the entire time I was guilded with battas, I think he died running to every single target that was in a kos zone. He was so funny.

Wenlawk's Manly Purse FTW!
yamilevaz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the easy way to AFK and have someone just drag you there!
dissident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly a screen shot, but heres a photo of Mandaar at the AD get together BBQ at my place in May 03.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: HAHA Reply with quote

Lol, you fucker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: