Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Topic for discussion: Those who complain about complainers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carp75

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Topic for discussion: Those who complain about complainers Reply with quote

I studied psychology in college and grew very interested in lurking about message boards. I have noticed a trend in many different boards by many posters:

They complain, pure and simple... directed at people with any sort of opposition to what is going on. For example, for every 15 posts on EQplayers hating the new item window, there's one who will say "Get over it like the rest of us". "All your complaining won't get you anywhere."

They realize that they are complaining too, or maybe not? Am I so stunned by this hypocrisy that maybe I'm not reading things right?

This seems to be the same style of thinking that infects us on a national, even global scale. "A New National ID card is coming. Get over it." was another quote by an authority-supporting complainer who thinks their style of submission should be shared by all. Are many people limited by the false belief that "It is what it is, and the only empowerment I get in life is to support what is"?

I seriously want to grab one of these types of people and slap them silly.

~Carp
Teklan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-rod, who gets paid up the butt, once said "it is what it is". He accepted the fact that the Yankees lost in the division playoffs. If he didn't, it's an example of someone who can't let go of the past.
Just food for thought.
dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of a post where someone asked why the tolerant are so intolerant of the intolerant.

Medding
carp75

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I can answer the question of why I am so intolerant of the ignorant... because worldwide... the ignorant, stupid, and violent types are in power.

~Carp
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Until this job, intelligence has had almost nothing to do with the relative power of the people above and below me.

There's far less application for intelligence than you'd think outside of places where intelligence is the only measuring stick.

Once you realize adults are simply children with better boundaries and coping mechanisms, the world makes complete sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: