Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canadian Immigrants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xereau

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Canadian Immigrants Reply with quote

A Somali arrives in Toronto as a new immigrant to Canada.

He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says,

"Thank you Mr. Canadian for letting me in this country, giving me housing,
Money for food, free medical care, and free education!"

The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am Jamaican."

The man goes on and encounters another passerby.

"Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in Canada !"

The person says, "I not Canadian, I am Vietnamese."

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops,
Shakes his hand and says, "Thank you for the wonderful Canada!"

That person puts up his hand and says, "I am from Middle East , I am
Not Canadian!"

He finally sees a nice lady and asks, "Are you an Canadian?"

She says, "No, I am from Africa !"

Puzzled, he asks her, "Where are all the Canadians?"

The African lady checks her watch and says..."Probably at work."

Dhau

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get it
Teklan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a racist/cultural joke - implying only canadians work
xereau

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just a commentary on the hand-out / entitlement system we have seemingly lost ourselves in up here in Canada. Government is getting too big.

Kalamurv

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our government pays out more monthly to refugees than it does it pensioners, people that were forced to pay for they're entire working lives. Makes no sense to me
Teklan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalamurv wrote:
Our government pays out more monthly to refugees than it does it pensioners, people that were forced to pay for they're entire working lives. Makes no sense to me

Well...I doubt that refugees can work. It has to do with helping others, not playing the "well thats not fair" game. Pensioners can live with this 'unfairness', but if you were to make it fair refugees are screwed. Is more money for a pensioner worth the lives of others?
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

Under no circumstances does it make sense to give more money to refugees than to a citizen receiving their pension.

None. Zero. Zip.

We're not talking about them dying.
Teklan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under international law, refugees are individuals who:

* are outside their country of nationality or habitual residence;
* have a well-founded fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group or political opinion; and
* are unable or unwilling to avail themselves of the protection of that country, or to return there, for fear of persecution.

Persecution: a program or campaign to exterminate, drive away, or subjugate a people because of their religion, race, or beliefs: the persecutions of Christians by the Romans.

yes, dying is an issue...they seek a safe haven.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: sigh Reply with quote

I am solely referring to the AMOUNT of money they receive.
carp75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So back in Lewiston, Maine, a bunch of "refugees" were dumped on this unsuspecting city. At first, of course the people of Maine were welcoming.

These Somalian "refugees" basically got welfare checks. Some opened shops with signs saying "no whites".

Hmm wonder what would happen if white people had shops that said "no somalians". It would make national news of course!

Our government clearly treats refugees too well at our expense.

I will guarantee you that the only reason they bring refugees in the U.S. is to put on a show for the world... has nothing to do with compassion.

~Carp
Teklan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I cannot find on the web where it says they had signs saying "no whites". Perhaps you heard rumors. Another example of rumors from this instance:

Grumbles metastasized into false rumors: The Somalians were getting free cars and apartments and $10,000 a piece in federal benefits. There were whispers that Somali children wash their feet in the sink at school, that they want a special room for prayer.

2) The racism and cultural ignorance of some people in this guild sickens me. I don't know what kind of ideology goes through your heads but it is total ignorance to me.

If anyone wants to read about how maybe the Somalians were treated in this town:

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/jan2003/main-j09.shtml

or

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A21728-2002Oct13?language=printer

Of course any news article will be biased, but there's always two sides to a story.

Imagine being hosted by a country that you don't speak their language. How easy would it be for YOU to get a job and make money?
Imagine the US being bombarded by some country, and we were decimated. You go to the UN for help hoping to get refugee status, and then they grant it but send you to Russia. You speak no Russian; very few if any people speak English. Just put yourself in their shoes for once, and as sick as it may sound, I hope you are in their shoes some time down the road just so you realize how real this situation is.
Gillaian
Loading...please wait

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then there was this town in the south where they put the blacks and whites together in the same school. And the football team was having a lot of problems because the whites didn't respect the blacks and vice versa. But this guy, Coach Boone came along and united the school through football.

C'mon guys lighten up a bit about the immigration. For one there is always more than 2 sides to any story. There's the reported side that the government releases, the reported side that runs around the internet ass rumors, and then there is the truth.

I don't believe that people need to be in a shit luck position with no real place to go in order to question that which they read or hear as information.

You do realize that Roswell was created to drive attention off the Black Ops and Skunkwords programs so that the govenrment could test freely without the need to tell the people to fuck off.

Now back to the funniness! I don't troll the boards to read about serious real life stuff.
carp75

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Teklan, I lived there and saw the signs first hand. The Somalians were given, licenses to drive (tho most of them had no clue how), completely paid cellphones (so they could call home), free housing, free food and those that went to work did not last more than a week at any given job.

This is all first hand experience. Just FYI.

--Eury

~Carp
Nyterose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helping refugees is great. But noone should expect a handout. Certainly not a handout better than those that live in the country get.

A friend of mine when I lived back in Texas told me this. Both her parents were from Mexico. She speaks English as her primary language and is the youngest in her family. About only time she speaks Spanish is with her family or Hispanic friends. She is the ONLY one that graduated from High School and went on to get an associates degree of her siblings. She told me it is a white man's world and to get ahead you had to do this. Yet in the Hispanic community when she went home to visit her parents and rest of her family she would get called names and be told she had turned her back on her ancestry. Note this did not come from her family.

Her parents came to this country with nothing. They couldn't speak the language. So my point is don't give me bleeding heart rhetoric. If they did it then the refugees certainly can. And they certainly should be held to the same standards as anyone else in this country and not be given preferential treatment.

Eury's example just sends chills down my spine that things like that can and does happen and its sad.

If I was EVER a refugee, as bad as I am with languages, you bet your bottom dollar I would find a way to learn it and not be a drain on the country that was supporting me. There is such a thing as giving back what you are given. There should never be a free ride in life.

Just my opinion.

Rose
Xorne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know my boss is a portug00se and he came to Canada when he was 3. He told me that back then (over 30 years ago) his father came in here and had to pay 10k to be an immigrant. His father then bust his ass out to work 2-3 jobs to pay that money back and then he had to save another 20k to be allowed to bring his wife / son here. And I have to admit its a pretty good idea, I have no clue why we aren't doing this anymore, instead they come and we give them welfare checks and cheap housing etc.

I say we go back to keeping the lazy trash out.

Xorne, Rogue Extraordinaire
Nerple

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Austria has the same deal as Canada but they give even more help. Back in 2000 they elected a party with a strong anti-immigrant stance. Problem was the Party leader was possibly a Nazi sympathizer and the entire city of Vienna was engulfed with riots. I flew in a week after the election for a 3 month visit. Those were good times.

The story about a store selling only to non-whites in Maine makes me giggle. I wish I had seen them.

Teklan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm refugee does not = immigrant

refugee's may also suffer from trauma hindering their abilities to work:

Apart from physical wounds or starvation, a large percentage of refugees develop symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or depression. These long-term mental problems can severely impede the functionality of the person in everyday situations; it makes matters even worse for displaced persons who are confronted with a new environment and challenging situations. They are also at high risk for suicide.[55]
(straight from Wikipedia)

now you may throw PTSD off as a joke, but that may be because you have never had it. It is how a lot of people treat those with depression - they say they are being babies and don't understand the situation.
Nyterose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklan... I have been a victim of depression. I know the signs and I know how to handle it. Just because your a refugee doesn't give you the right to have more than people in this country or immigrants.

Whether you make a choice to come to Canada or America... be it your choice or you have no choice... life is what you make of it. You can sit and say oh boo hoo... I am not where I want to be. Or you can take stock of your situation and do the best you can. Learn a new language, find a way to get work and be self sufficient.

My example was that my friend, her folks NEVER learned English. Yet they found work here in Texas. They didn't provide really well for their children, and they came to this country with nothing. Just like a refugee would with nothing. That is the similarity I was making.

I am not terribly religious and I was raised Catholic... but the good Lord above never gives us more than we can handle. Lord knows I don't have an easy life. There are times I wonder how I am going to make it into work because I have so many health issues. But I also know I will not give up.

What you are suggesting is purely enabling people to remain victims. Not saying they don't deserve help. But not an endless supply of help. An initial help and medical aid where they need it and put them to work until they manage to be able to get back where they belong.

I hardly think it is fair to burden those of us that pull our weight to carry those that refuse to even try. I have gotten no raise in four years yet my rent has gone up, gas prices are up, and there are times I don't have enough money to even eat 3 meals a day. That is my example. Why should my hard earned cash go to someone that won't give a try after they got an initial help.

You frankly won't change my mind that people need to be given and they never have to give back. Perhaps someday you will understand why I have this view and others do.

Its interesting to me to note that the young always think their way is the only way, and those of us that are older don't understand. Trust me we understand only too well.

Rose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: