Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Benefits of Peroxide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassra

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Benefits of Peroxide Reply with quote

This is what Oxi clean is... did you know that????

3% peroxide

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana

'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.'

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe)

No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of 'Peroxide' to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised

Wow....I can't wait to get some of that.

No more toilet paper.
reijo

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

note to self, don't take a dookie at mandaars.
Gillaian
Loading...please wait

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandaar, I don't think that's the kind of stain removing they are speaking about.

For the chemists:

Hydrogen Peroxide = H2O2

In equilibrium it is H2O2 <---> (OH-) x2

OH- is a free radical and is an hungry little bugger who wants to be neutral and oxidizes anything it finds.

I just don't like the taste.
Wizpopfizz

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sally was a chemist, sally is no more
for what she thoguht was H20
was H2SO4

I have a jug of NaOH in my closet
and some FeCl3

so if you ever need some bathtub crank, a body disposed of, some natural soap, cirtcuit boards printed and etched, i'm your man
xereau

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peroxide is a serious chemical and shouldn't be treated lightly.

It is a free radical by its very nature and highly corrosive to organic compounds, like your genes, and the proteins that build and support the DNA.

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/misc_topics/radicals.html

I wouldn't recommend anyone even put this stuff on a tiny wound unless its the only way you have to clean it.

Anti-oxidants in food are the best way to get free radicals out of your system.

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/prevention/nutrition/antioxidants.htm

Cassra

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno what's in your peroxide Lam, but my mom has ALWAYS put it on our cuts, and I'm sure so many did and still do. My doctors and my children's doctor even puts it in all out ears to clean them cuz it removes wax w/ no pain or discomfort, or even the risk of infections. Has been good for years .

Cass
Teklan

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xereau wrote:

I wouldn't recommend anyone even put this stuff on a tiny wound unless its the only way you have to clean it.

White blood cells such as neutrophils specialize in producing oxygen radicals, which are used in host defense to kill invading pathogens.

Straight from your first source....
Hzath

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in my wreck the doctor told me peroxide was a good thing only for the first few days. After that it kills the good cells trying to heal the wound along with the bad ones...but that was a few years ago and I was already drugged up when he said it so I might be wrong.

I can't imagine that stuff tasting good, but maybe I'll try it for my teeth.
Teklan

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta use low concentrations of it, or else it will erode like Laminar said. But like 3% solutions, 4% solutions...those are ok as long as you don't OVERUSE it.

Too much of anything good is a bad thing. Too much water, you die. Too much alcohol, you die.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> Stories, Humor and Screenshots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: