Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AD New or Old, Darkfall Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: AD New or Old, Darkfall Anyone? Reply with quote

hey guys, long time no see! good to see you are all still kicking ass and taking names. I hope mandaar's gross violations of donkeys have subsided some what. HOW ARE ALL OF YOU!?!

i've recently been getting really hyped for Darkfall and i was curious if any of my old AD friends have any plans on playing it or trying it out? let me know cause i'm thinking it should be a pretty fun time.
FrogbaitSpiritwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cand, we perfer to Kick some Nameds and take some ass here!
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of darkfall.

But, glad to hear you're doing well.
dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced that game will go anywhere. No levels, no classes, pvp over pve, friendly fire always on, even a missed sword stroke will hit your cleric or whatever. Not to mention that its from Greece. The nation that created Jennifer Aniston clearly has better things to do than make video games.

Medding.
Mandaar
Guild N00bert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you playing lately invisible?
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunnodoncare wrote:
I'm not convinced that game will go anywhere. No levels, no classes, pvp over pve, friendly fire always on, even a missed sword stroke will hit your cleric or whatever. Not to mention that its from Greece. The nation that created Jennifer Aniston clearly has better things to do than make video games.

Medding.

i see what you're saying, but i am kind of excited for this aspect of absolute freedom. i feel like player skill will play a very important role in this game and make it really fun.

but i am kind of worried about the player base as you said, seeing as it is a Greek game and doesn't have an American distributor yet, but if it's as good as it's being hyped up to be i think the player base will grow like with any good game. people in the beta have reported very few bugs and said that the game runs very smoothly so i think it;s looking good overall.
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also forgot to mention the AI in this game is supposed to be intense, like mobs actually use team tactics and they actually KITE YOU in some cases

edit**

here is a short little video that explains some of the cool new features of Darkfall, you can literally do anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIY8tg2qBs
Righteous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Medding and Cand...good to see you both Smile

Righteous

MAGELO

Appotus Dominus
dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not playing anything MMO at the moment. Maybe when they bring out Highlander Online II: The Quickening.

Medding.
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi righteous!

just thought i'd post 2 more videos. they are of 2 guys discussing all the features of darkfall. i haven't been this excited for a game in years, if it doesn't get you going i dont know what will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGV0UPofTbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7g6q22b0YU

there are a couple more in the series, they are listed on the right
Teklan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you die?
Xorne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gear drop on the floor for everybody to plunder and you probably lose some skill % or points. Maybe this game will bring back the old Meridian 59 "shakes". Man, I really miss those.
Teklan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you supposed to kill people with no gear. Thats kinda gay lol
Xorne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because you are used to the games that are out now. If you think about it for two minutes it's amazing because then you can prevent let's say a guild trying to steal your castle from zerging you constantly. They will have to go re-equip either at their vault or go withdraw some money form the bank, go buy like a chain mail and a short sword cheap before going back to the fight. Same goes for you but at least you are in your castle and it should have supplies / armor / weapon laying around. Also in a big fight if 20 people die there will be plenty of stuff laying around for you to just walk in, loot and start fighting again.

You are used to think that gear makes your character while in these type of games gear is just a tool and when you have better tools you are more efficient at your job but even with basic tool you can get the job done you just need more skill as a player. I also like the fact that there will be regs for spells in the game. Prevent casters from staying back and just chain firing fireballs. They'll have to go resupply thus giving you a break.

So far from watching some videos about the game it look really interesting, I will check it out for sure to see first hand how they implemented it. I bitched and bitched on the AoC forums for them to make the gear wear and break, use regs for spells and having full (or partial) inventory drop but to no avail. Way too many carebears in this world /shake head. And before you think that it's too harsh you have to try it first. I played a game like that for almost 3 years and it's the best system ever for a game.
Teklan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without gear upgrades etc. it doesn't seem much of a progression game. What will you do when the simple attacking other players in the same manner glamor wears off? At least with gear theres always a goal. Chances are a good deal of this population will get bored and quit soon after if its repetitive.

Hell, look at how many people quit EQ from when it first started. XP burns are repetitive but at least theres progression.

But I do agree it is interesting. If I were rich or well off I'd probably buy the game and play til I got bored myself heh.
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklan wrote:
How you supposed to kill people with no gear. Thats kinda gay lol

the gear doesnt give massive HP boosts, like each guild/clan will have an armory where you can go grab new gear or recover your old, and each guild will have trade skillers to create armor and weapons and such
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teklan wrote:
Without gear upgrades etc. it doesn't seem much of a progression game. What will you do when the simple attacking other players in the same manner glamor wears off? At least with gear theres always a goal. Chances are a good deal of this population will get bored and quit soon after if its repetitive.

Hell, look at how many people quit EQ from when it first started. XP burns are repetitive but at least theres progression.

But I do agree it is interesting. If I were rich or well off I'd probably buy the game and play til I got bored myself heh.

it's not really a progression game, they say in the vids there will be a few items that are the only one of their kind on the server which drop from difficult bosses. each guild/clan can create their own laws for their castles (taxes, tolls, alliances, enemies) you can even declare war on other guilds. you can literally do anythign, you and some friends can become mercenaries, you can bribe npc's, you can back stab your own guild
dunnodoncare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a game that rewards antisocial behavior from people online will be incredibly fun.. oh wait.

Medding.
Xorne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please elaborate medding, I don't see how you get to that conclusion.
Teklan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People being dicks in other words, lol. Like constant taunting and cockwaving in yo face!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: