Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Siren's Song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farrens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: The Siren's Song Reply with quote

EQ has been on my mind again and i'm frankly curious how far behind I would be if I started playing again. How much of a power change did the new expansion bring? Or to put it simply how long would it take for me to be even be groupable these days?
IoneMonk
no YOU shut up!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Farrens.

The good news: Attainable group gear in SoD is either on par with Solteris or much better, depending on your progression in the expansion. Other slots are even better. Stuff now is called in out rot that would quickly provide a returning player with four or five nice upgrades within days.

The bad news: The grind from 80-85 sucked ass. It was much steeper than SoF was. SoD exp is notoriously bad, even following upward adjustments in the zems. Almost everyone ended up grinding out levels in SoF instances like the Mech Guardian. Coming back now, you won't find people interested in pure, mind numbing experience.

The biggest difference you will see is the introduction of mercs. For better or worse, it's a sea change.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the old exp plows may not be as common, groups in zones like Kaesora or Tosk are normally pretty common as people farm augs, and that would be great exp at 80.
Gillaian
Loading...please wait

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farrens, good to see you again.

The grind really isn't all that bad if you know how to do it. With mercs and a few choice ranger hunting grounds you can be up and running pretty quickly.

I play only softcore now but can find plenty of challenging content in the new expansion as well as some very nice exp spots to solo. If you pull the trigger and activate shoot me a pm and i'll give you the details.

I haven't had much luck getting progression groups but that's most likely due to my play times or lack there of. The mercs make a huge difference for limited play.
Mezrax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see some old rangers around.
Mezrax
Farrens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mez good to hear from you, seems most of the old guard is at least semi retired these days hehe
Mezrax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I don't have time to play much of anything but when I do I play Anarchy Online because it's FREE and about half the classes are good at soloing. Blueclaw plays with me sometimes too. If anybody wants to look me up I play on the Rimor server (there are only 2 servers) and I don't have a main really just a bunch of alts (mezrax, trinoxx, kungphu, biznas, nukking).

Mezrax
lvl 58 Agent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: