Appotus Dominus Appotus Dominus
.: The Drunken Masters of Vazaelle :.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old retired and semi retired friends

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mezrax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Old retired and semi retired friends Reply with quote

If you are a hardcore guild member stop reading here:

Anyways I've started playing everquest again and so has blueclaw on the Shards of Dalaya server. It's a free server that is just different enough to make you feel like a newb again. Anyways look me up if any of you play there. Oh and the have a strict naming policy there so blueclaw had to change her name to zelpha.
Here is a link http://www.shardsofdalaya.com
I'll post more info if anyone is interested (unless you have good RA then you should not have been reading this far anyways).

By the way if you click the link i'm suppose to get some kinda in game bonus or something.
Thanks,
Mezrax
IowaGnome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. I'm playing on free servers too now. I'm on a progression server, we are just now finishing up VT to open PoP. It's actually a ton of fun...EQ really turned into a raid grind after PoP, and I believe this server is slated to stop at PoP.

There are a ton of free servers that come in all shapes, sizes, and customizations. I'm having a blast on Gnomish Proving Grounds Smile.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/

This link will guide you through the process if you are interested: http://www.raidaddicts.org/PlayGuide.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im confused, is this EQ but run off of someone else's independent server?
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, how do i get it going?
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also can i just install SoF, and will this work with that
Innania

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNDeRouS wrote:

Yes, although be aware that because it uses source code copywritten by SOE, it's highly illegal (kind of like ROMs of video games).
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innania wrote:
CaNDeRouS wrote:

Yes, although be aware that because it uses source code copywritten by SOE, it's highly illegal (kind of like ROMs of video games).

illegal things are usually the most fun
Mezrax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoD has been online for 4 years other free servers have been online for longer I don't really see any attempts by sony to go after these people. They don't even care about their own game that much when they let people duplicate plat and sell it and spam advertise in game.
Anyways yes they run it off of their own servers.
I'm not sure about other server but SoD requires you to have up through GoD installed on your computer so if you didn't already have that you would have to buy some cd set from sony to get started. Then you download the SoD Patcher and you are playing. They allow 2 boxing since the accounts are free but not 3 boxing or more because that gets rediculous (like Gameslah).

SoD is like an alternate universe for EQ because it has it's own lore (quite a bit of it) and all of the quests are new. The zones connect differently and are different levels (freeport is an undead city lvl 50ish and vex thall is the zone they use for transportation like PoK). Plus most of the usless spell and aas that you never used or memd have been replaced with new useful aas and spells. Rangers in this game are badass archers so for me it's quite cool. You also can worship any diety you want and that diety gives you certain bonuses and quests.
Tradeskills give you exp which is nice since I hate tradeskills it makes them less painful, also tradeskill skillups are based on number of combines so I know for certain that after 8 combines i'm getting that skillup I need rather than "hmm combine 230, nope still no skillup". They have new tradeskills too like mining for ore and alchemy for everyone.
Instead of a bazaar they have a bank list system, you tell any banker what you want to sell and for how much and then you can play elsewhere or log off and the bank sells it for you. When anyother player buys your stuff the bank sends you a message that your money is waiting for you in the bank. Selling offline is so handy I don't know why real EQ wouldn't do that, rather than wasting bandwidth on bunches of mules logged into the bazaar.
Anyways it feels familiar to play but then you realize you don't know everything about the game and it's pretty fun discovering everything all over again.
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mezrax wrote:
SoD has been online for 4 years other free servers have been online for longer I don't really see any attempts by sony to go after these people. They don't even care about their own game that much when they let people duplicate plat and sell it and spam advertise in game.
Anyways yes they run it off of their own servers.
I'm not sure about other server but SoD requires you to have up through GoD installed on your computer so if you didn't already have that you would have to buy some cd set from sony to get started. Then you download the SoD Patcher and you are playing. They allow 2 boxing since the accounts are free but not 3 boxing or more because that gets rediculous (like Gameslah).

SoD is like an alternate universe for EQ because it has it's own lore (quite a bit of it) and all of the quests are new. The zones connect differently and are different levels (freeport is an undead city lvl 50ish and vex thall is the zone they use for transportation like PoK). Plus most of the usless spell and aas that you never used or memd have been replaced with new useful aas and spells. Rangers in this game are badass archers so for me it's quite cool. You also can worship any diety you want and that diety gives you certain bonuses and quests.
Tradeskills give you exp which is nice since I hate tradeskills it makes them less painful, also tradeskill skillups are based on number of combines so I know for certain that after 8 combines i'm getting that skillup I need rather than "hmm combine 230, nope still no skillup". They have new tradeskills too like mining for ore and alchemy for everyone.
Instead of a bazaar they have a bank list system, you tell any banker what you want to sell and for how much and then you can play elsewhere or log off and the bank sells it for you. When anyother player buys your stuff the bank sends you a message that your money is waiting for you in the bank. Selling offline is so handy I don't know why real EQ wouldn't do that, rather than wasting bandwidth on bunches of mules logged into the bazaar.
Anyways it feels familiar to play but then you realize you don't know everything about the game and it's pretty fun discovering everything all over again.

i have been trying to get sod to work, but every time i run the sod patcher it gets to "downloading....blahblah sony/everquest/eqgame.exe" and it stays there and doesn't update, i have no idea what to do, their forums have not been very helpful
Mezrax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, I have sod running on 3 computers and all of them just worked. All I did differently than the instructions was uncheck EQW because I don't use that. Maybe try moving eqgame.exe out of that folder? Maybe it can't overwrite your old one?
Farrens

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds fun, may have to check it out. Also I find it funny that it has a superior bazaar system than real EQ. Sounds alot like the Final Fantasy Online selling system
Mezrax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool farrens let me know what your char name is (if it's not the same).
CaNDeRouS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i finally got this to work, Mez my character's name is Solnir
merenta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mezrax wrote:
SoD has been online for 4 years other free servers have been online for longer I don't really see any attempts by sony to go after these people.

They went after, and successfully closed down, Winter's Roar, a truly awesome game. In fact, what you're describing sounds a lot like that game.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/30/0511234

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this server is tons of fun, if anyone if looking for time to kill i recommend this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Appotus Dominus Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: